Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Option to change minimap to right side.

Basic Member
    Agreed +1

Basic Member

Too bad other elements cannot be moved, at least right now.

Basic Member
    Tip: You should never be clicking that far away from your hero. Your hero should be in the center of the screen and you should be using your mouse to click directly around your hero.

If you are making this mistake it is because you are not controlling your hero properly.

That being said, I think this would be fine ingame however a completely customized UI would be my choice.

Basic Member
    I disagree dota naturally has the minimap on the right sifde and i think it must remain the same cause dota is dota not lol or anything else

Basic Member
    Being able to swap minimap position does not make DotA a HoN or LoL copy. People should be able to customize ui according to their preferences.

Banned
    Agreed +1

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    since they've not added in this patch, we should keep this up.

PLEASE add this! Minimap on the left side is annoying as hell especially if you're trying to retreat as radiant.

Not only would I like to see the ability to swap the minimap between the left and right bottom corners to be an option, but I'd also like to see having the map on the bottom-right be the default.

Simply put, the minimap never had any business being on the bottom-left corner in the first place and was only there as a WC3 limitation. When you have the bases located in the bottom-left and top-right corners of the map, clicking for the purpose of movement is more likely to occur in the bottom-left and top-right quadrants of the screen than in the top-left and bottom-right quadrants. This means that putting the sizable minimap with click-to-move functionality into one of these frequently-clicked quadrants is just asking for fatal mistakes to be made, especially when you're Radiant trying to retreat to your base, as everyone has experienced at one time or another. Therefore, for the sake of new players, of which I'm sure Valve plans to have many, the default should be to have the minimap be located on the bottom-right as the most user-friendly option. That way, new players will never have to go through the pains of misclicks and then have to be directed to the minimap swap option when they inevitably come demanding for a UI fix. Consider the bottom-left minimap to be the 'legacy' option.

League of Legends defaults the minimap on the bottom-right with the option to swap, and from what I can tell, nobody has ever complained about UI-related misclicks.