Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: About the Alpine Ursa set

restore this set

Basic Member
    1. why would they release the set again? They removed the set because its horrible looking and lore breaking.

2. Why would valve care if its worth too much? how does this affect them in any way?

3. Who actually decided that its worst 800$ Just because someone asks for 800$ doesnt mean that's what it is worth. No-one is buying it for even half that price

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    they'd continue to whine, but they'd have gotten over it. I've seen it a million times with TF2. They add a lame looking item, it gets hate and ridiculed for a week or two and then everyone forgets it exists.
    And how playable is tf2 nowdays? Its a horrible jumbled mess of stupid joke items and wacky cartoon weapons.

Not in my dota2 plz

Obviously, I mean, it's not like TF2 is the third most played game on Steam or anything, it's completely unplayable

Basic Member
    Obviously, I mean, it's not like TF2 is the third most played game on Steam or anything, it's completely unplayable
    do you play it? does anyone who played from beta still play it? Its crap, and its been crap for a long time. Unregulated item additions are what caused this.

also: If steam released a my little pony game, it would be in top 10 most played. Your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Papp View Post
    do you play it? does anyone who played from beta still play it? Its crap, and its been crap for a long time. Unregulated item additions are what caused this.

also: If steam released a my little pony game, it would be in top 10 most played. Your argument is invalid.
    Play it? I'm part of the problem

Actually it wouldn't be. The top 5 most played is pretty consistent all the time and entirely predictable. Dota 2 at top, then Football manager [insert current year] then TF2, then [insert recent AAA game], then all the counter strikes.

TF2 has added more players during the years it's had items added to it than it ever had in any other stage in its life.

Basic Member
    TF2 has added more players during the years it's had items added to it than it ever had in any other stage in its life.
    a skewed statistic, it also went free to play during that time.

and top 5 may remain static, but top 10 is a warzone. We just gonna ignore the dropoff after dota 2? seems like a relevant stat to me.

Tf2 has never left the top 10 in its entire lifespan, it's only rose. But continue on beating that drum that nobody plays tf2

Quote Originally Posted by Papp View Post
    a skewed statistic, it also went free to play during that time.

and top 5 may remain static, but top 10 is a warzone. We just gonna ignore the dropoff after dota 2? seems like a relevant stat to me.
    So is there any reliable evidence whatsoever that said dropoff has anything to do with the items in TF2?

I've been playing it since the beta, and I still play it regularly. There's nothing "unplayable" about it.
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post
    dropoff has anything to do with the items
    im talking about the dropoff of players from #1 to #2 btw

Im not saying that no-one plays tf2, Im saying that it is a broken shell of the game it once was. Anyone left playing it now is either someone who never played pre-workshop tf2, or is a child who needs his sunday morning cartoon fix.

Disagree all you want, im really doubting anyone here has as much experience with tf2 as me.