Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Give random cosmetics to bots

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    The list should include all items (including announcer, unusuals, couriers, mythicalas, legendary etc).

I'm not asking for overblown amount. With some percentage. It would be nice if bots stick to sets though instead of mixing up various sets.
    What if the bots were to only equip random cosmetics, from (only) the item pool every player has in that game (with bots).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_twins View Post
    What if the bots were to only equip random cosmetics, from (only) the item pool every player has in that game (with bots).
    How is this better than pure random? Have any argument to support?

+1

Basic Member
    I think this would add a lot of character to the bots you play with, especially for new players who will see those items, and subsequently spent many many hours lusting after them Good for Valve's income too since I always see a lot of newer players buying items.

Also, with the below suggestion as well, so that you still have much less chance of seeing those really rare items like timebreakers, unusual couriers, etc just as you would in MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chane View Post
    how about a % chance of an item appearing on a bot player, common items X% chance, uncommon 0.5X% chance, rare 0.25X% chance and mythical 0.125X% chance

T-up
    I think that if they go as far as to implement this, they should add a percentage chance to mix sets. I think a lot of items look better when sets are mixed, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    How is this better than pure random? Have any argument to support?
    Not really a reason why it's better for players, but for valve it provides more incentive for people to buy items and therefore could be a more appealing feature to implement. Also makes the drops for heroes you never play as a bit more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Soiree View Post
    Maybe limit it to let's say, two items per bot as well as a distinct ward set selected for the game. Too much extravagance might be confusing to players. I'd say keep announcers and HUDs out of the equation for now.
    Absolutely. I totally get bots wearing cosmetic items. It was even instated for a while with bots in the beta client, but I think it was removed for one reason or another. It will help newer players understand that from game to game heroes may look dramatically/slightly different.

I don't really see the need to add HUDs and announcers to the fray. That's more of a client side thing anyways, and doesn't really affect gameplay, or have a use for bots. Though you can share that stuff in game with fellow team mates/enemies, I think giving that stuff away every time a bot game loaded up is asking for a bit too much. I don't understand why a bot would have an announcer pack equipped, like they ever listen.
    This ain't ova.