Thread: As a player, I would like my taskbar to flash when I receive a party invitation

As a player, I would like my taskbar to flash when I receive a party invitation

As a player, I would like my taskbar to flash when I receive a party invitation.

Currently, the "DOTA 2" window only flashes in the bottom taskbar (Windows) when a game has been found and I need to accept.

I would like this same thing to happen when I receive a party invite because I frequently leave a message saying "inv[ite me]" in various chatrooms, hoping to play with others in a party... but I can't really know whenever I'll receive the invite. So, if I alt-tab to go on other sites (like this one), I might miss my chance to accept the invite.

Thanks for reading

? steam ui flashes and makes a sound if toggled on. seems redundant to have dual notifications for such a thing. if your tabbed out odds are your using steam chat or will respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    ? steam ui flashes and makes a sound if toggled on when the person inviting me is already on my friend's list but not when it's a random person on the internet inviting me, which is obviously what you're talking about in the op so i'll shut the fuck up now because i suck at reading comprehension. seems redundant to have dual notifications for such a thing. if your tabbed out odds are your using steam chat or will respond to it.
    fixed that for you

hint, include that the people inviting you are not befriended already and you might sound less like a dumbass. not my fault your a ignorant clown that post a very vague scenario and suggests something leaving out the crucial detail of why. other games like l4d2 allow the external communications and notification you ignorant cunt which the same game engine so the behavior should be expected to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    hint, include that the people inviting you are not befriended already and you might sound less like a dumbass. not my fault your a ignorant clown that post a very vague scenario and suggests something leaving out the crucial detail of why. other games like l4d2 allow the external communications and notification you ignorant cunt which the same game engine so the behavior should be expected to be the same.
    The fact that you would believe that I'd complain about a feature that isn't broken is ridiculous. You deserve what was said about you.

1v1 sf mid to settle this? I'll kick your ass.

+1
    [ASU]LC -during Duel,+50% bonus damage+150% MoC
    [Tweak] Make Refresher viable for Venomancer!!!

[Aghanim's Suggestion] Sniper: missile damages units it pierces through
    GENERATION 23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.