View Poll Results: Should Dragonclaw hook be reverted to Mythical quality?

Voters
508. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

318 62.60%
  • No

190 37.40%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Revert Dragonclaw Hook to Mythical Quality + Make Droppable

I'm very dissapointed with this decision, Valve. Is there anything that makes DC Hook that special from other Mythical items? The answer is NO. So why did you change it to Immortal quality? Why don't you put that in store like what you did to Brew's mythical items? This is just unfair for the other heroes that have items coming out from chests but those were put into store

Cant belive that traders complained about this item saying it should be immortal cause you cant get annymore from chests or drops and they did it.
    Just filling up the pockets of traders...

I liked that hook because of its animation, now its a "better" item and it lost the charm...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    1) It wasn't connected to any particularly amazing event... wasn't it just a chest drop?
    This
    I have had Hooks in the past, and in my opinion it is the best pudge item, However it is not worthy of the immortal title and not being dropable. The only reason the hook had value was because you couldn't get it through drop. There is no other reason that the hooks have value. Causing it to drop will reduce the price but, didn't they just do that to the pudge stache anyways? Even if I still had mine I wouldn't care if it dropped or not, its a normal item that is only special because it didn't drop.

There is nothing special about the item itself therefor it shouldn't be immortal because of this, it isnt linked to anything at all.

Basic Member
    Lol... This isn't going to happen. Once something becomes immortal, it can't become non-immortal again. Immortal items can't be obtained anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbread View Post
    Lol... This isn't going to happen. Once something becomes immortal, it can't become non-immortal again. Immortal items can't be obtained anymore.
    Devs are the ones who decide. They have already disappointed us so many times. There is no reason why they won't do it anymore.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tung_doviet View Post
    Devs are the ones who decide. They have already disappointed us so many times. There is no reason why they won't do it anymore.
    "Timebreakers that exist now are the only ones that will ever be until the end of time and thus the item rarity has been upgraded to 'Immortal"

The devs have stated that immortal items can never be obtained again. Making an immortal item non-immortal and available again will never happen.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerbread View Post
    Making an immortal item non-immortal and available again will never happen.
    I thought the real lesson we learned with the patch is that you can never know anything for sure. Maybe after reading huge thread about their mistake they will decide to make a right decision, because there was not a single reason to make it immortal in the first place

I would be OK if they did it the day it happened, but it's been too long now for them to change it back, they'd just be making even more people upset.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andzie View Post
    I thought the real lesson we learned with the patch is that you can never know anything for sure. Maybe after reading huge thread about their mistake they will decide to make a right decision, because there was not a single reason to make it immortal in the first place
    How did the last patch show we can't know anything for sure? The only thing Valve has said regarding limited items is that immortal items won't be available again. There have been no contradictions to this rule. Hook wasn't immortal when it was dropping; it stopped dropping after it turned immortal. They can also chose to turn non-immortal items immortal whenever they want, like alpine set and hook. They can't however, turn immortal items to non-immortal.

You guys are asking Valve to do something they said they won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by andzie View Post
    Name one reason why should hook be immortal. Everything else from the chests drops, how is DC any different?
    DC is different because, as you just said, it doesn't drop - unlike everything else from that chest. It's now unobtainable...which is, as stated in the Timebreaker blog post, what the "Immortal" tag is for.
    ◕_◕