Thread: [Confirmed] AFK detection not triggering correctly

Basic Member

[Confirmed] AFK detection not triggering correctly

This Jakiro was sitting in pool for roughly 12 minutes. He kept disconnecting after a minute, then reconnecting and sitting in pool, then disconnecting. He finally started moving around when his disconnect timer got to ~30 seconds. He and two others were a premade, and I'm pretty sure they decided to troll us when random Alchemist didn't listen to them by telling their Jak what his DC timer was. I guess I'm just asking why the AFK timer resets when you rejoin, because the guy didn't get any XP for over ten minutes and forced us to sit through a 25 minutes match that was pointless slog.

MATCH ID: 135394807

Basic Member
    jakiro neither gets an abandon for not receiving any experience for more than 5 minutes.

his disconnect timer seems to be correct, since he comes back when his timer is still on "1 minute left to reconnect".
    if you disagree, post a timetable with all of his disconnect/reconnects.

adding the afk detection thing to the sticky.
    Last edited by blash365; 02-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member

Illegitimate Abandon

Match ID: 142371977

Lina afkd for way more than 5 min and the game never turned into a "Safe to leave". Assuming I missed the notification, I left the game only to notice I got an Abandon.
    PS: soon after the game steam, and consequently Dota 2, went down for a few minutes.
    Please look into the case and revert the abandon to a loss.

EDIT: Timestamp: Lina's "1 min to reconnect" expires as 23 min which should've turned the game into a safe to leave. I leave the game at 32 min

Regards
    Inspector
    Last edited by Inspector; 03-05-2013 at 06:14 PM.