Thread: [Confirmed] Spectral Dagger Slow is too short

Volunteer Moderator

[Confirmed] Spectral Dagger Slow is too short

Summary:

Spectral dagger's slow doesn't last long enough on the main target, if it is moving away from the dagger when it is cast. It stops slowing as soon as the trail stops whilst it should linger... It seems to correctly work on secondary targets.

If it is not lingering correctly it also causes issues with the target walking back through the dagger path, as they are not slowed again. This one's tough and I have work tomorrow, so I'll try repro steps and just give up and make a video tomorrow...

Repro:

1) Pick spectre
    2) Spawn an enemy hero
    3) Target dagger on the enemy hero
    4) Walk DIRECTLY away from the dagger mid-flight with the enemy hero

Result:

The dagger's trail time and slow time are equal

Expected result:

The dagger's trail time is added onto the slow time, as it should linger for the full slow duration, since they last made contact with the path (which, if running in a straight line away would be about when the trail stops following them, plus some buffer AoE)
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 02-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Bump, added a video. And also noya's video in http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=75282 also shows this happening on the first doom, except without the need to have the unit moving (Look at the swipe timer)... Dagger is just quite buggy in general...

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    ^Your title on the known bugs is not quite correct. It occasionally works correctly, and does refresh on the path, however if I had've kept running I would not have been slowed when it ended (as you can see by the swipe timer)

Recommended retitle:

Spectral dagger slow on primary target does not always have 7 second slow after leaving the path

Or shorten it somehow :P

I don't think they're slowed for 7 seconds in dota 2 either...

• Debuff lasts for 7 seconds after enemy leaves shadow path.

I will test this when I get home...

EDIT: Well it is 7 seconds in both. Another weird thing is that the enemy units has the spectral dagger debuff according to the combat log, but isn't affected by it nor does it show in their status.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 02-27-2013 at 04:47 AM.

@ Valve

#FixSpectre2013

Volunteer Moderator
    I agree :P Also since there are 3 more dagger bugs, making it like 5 or so now... they should all be grouped and bump it up to moderate!! :P