Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Show skill range on hotkey use, not only on mouse-over.

Basic Member
    I am strongly against mana bars, but this thing is rather harmless...I don't see how could this make a difference between pro players and pub players....Pro players will allways know the range of spells, pub players will also learn them eventually cuz of that range indicator and disable it after they got used to it because it's rather annoying to see a circle around you.

Clicking on opp hero is very important exercise, as if give you exact amount of mana and items info that you need to respond to how to player plays/what situation he is in. Putting mana bars will make a lot of people not click opponents and inevitably lower the skill level on below-pro players.

mana bars
    they taste like cookie bars

Basic Member
    once again..It doesnt really matter whether to have it or not to me, but lets make it the way it is in dota1,because simply this is dota, one of the most competitive games out there, most dota fans will make sure things in dota2 dont go easier and simpler, so by adding this feature to the game....it will definitely disappoint a lot dota fans. id suggest to have this feature in tutorial of the game rather than in actual game. same as the mana bar on enemy suggestion

Basic Member
    Should add it as an actual option, I already have it enabled because of console commands.

Basic Member
    +1 to add range indicators on spell use.

at your console type in:

"dota_range_display xxxxx"

xxxx = the range (radius) of the specific skill

jeez.
    Windows 95
    INTEL PENTIUM 100mhz
    ATI Rage 64
    32mb RAM
    US Robotics 56k Dial Up Modem @ 56kbp/s
    11" B&W CRT Display

Quote Originally Posted by imnotdudan View Post
    at your console type in:

"dota_range_display xxxxx"

xxxx = the range (radius) of the specific skill

jeez.
    I love doing that manually every time I want to cast a spell!

Really, though, I want proper range displays out for each skill. I really like how the current range finders work when enabled via the console, but skills like Pudge's Meat Hook and Mirana's Arrow don't show their actual ranges.

I really do want to have strategy mean more than guessing at the range of a skill. You shouldn't be losing games for not knowing skill ranges, but for making poor decisions.

Well it's a long post so I didn't read all, (also many topic about this) so this one has the most comment so I will add to this one

I also think that this idea of having range indicator (the same as mouse over the skill) when we hit hot key is the very good idea

I don't know if it mention already but as I'm currently a noob if it doesn't mean much can I also have the area of effect for the skill that shooting in the straight line (just play wind runner, her 2nd ability of shooting arrow straight) a straight line when I click or push the hot key for this skill would be very nice.

Just want to share opinion tough think that it will be more useful for newcomer like me (don't know that it gonna brake the core of this game or not)

Basic Member
    +1 add this as an option... it is easier for beginners.
    if it annoys you later on,then you can just turn it off

Basic Member
    yes this should be implemented, with the option to turn it off as well for people who don't like it. also the range indicators need to appear faster, as they're not instant.