Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Abaddon's Textures

Or maybe it's a hyppogryph, or whatever the correct spelling is. A griffin is more avian in nature, but I'd prefer something that won't look wonky when running - making Abaddon a flier isn't something that rubs me the right way.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    Tbh I was hoping for a much more grim color scheme (although a horse with a pale complexion wouldn't be against that), so far shit's too fancy, and that sword is really sticking out like a sore thumb.

If they want to switch the horse with a bird, fine by me, as long as it ends up looking good (although it would make him somewhat similar to Skywrath and possibly new hero releases, since both hypogryph and griffin are going to be used sooner or later in w3 DotA).

Basic Member
    Heroes have always changed appearance from their first alpha textures, but looking at these first ones I'm kinda dissapointed. I was expecting him to be some dark knight, not evil chaos like CK but more dark goth and have his mount like a black horse or maybe a skeleton horse like in dota 1. Oh well let's just wait and see what the final look is like.

Basic Member
    Also, did anyone consider the possibility that Valve is just trolling us by mislabeling Skywrath?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khassar View Post
    Also, did anyone consider the possibility that Valve is just trolling us by mislabeling Skywrath?
    i really hope that...

abbadon on an eagle would be like batrider on a cow.

even if the eagle has shiny blue feathers.... it'd be crap.
    Last edited by Tyneic; 02-28-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Honestly I wish they kept the theme of an undead knight. Have any of the other heroes had such a dramatic reinvention? It seems unnecessary, and Abaddon had such a great aesthetic in DotA (wc3). In my head it seems that all of the other heroes remain faithful to their original DotA characters, so why is Abaddon being changed so drastically?

Please, Valval, give us the good old Abbadon... And not another non-horse-rider...

Quote Originally Posted by walkingcarpet View Post
    In my head it seems that all of the other heroes remain faithful to their original DotA characters, so why is Abaddon being changed so drastically?
    Rubick, Tusk and Chen want to have a few words with you (and I'm not mentioning heroes changed for more obvious copyright reasons).

It's not like Abbadon is getting changed that drastically. So far the only issue is the mount, but we already have Disruptor-on-a-raptor and most likely Skywrath-not-on-a-bird. Didn't see people complaining too much about them.

***And you can always buy a skeleton horse for Abbadon for only $9.99***

Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    Rubick, Tusk and Chen want to have a few words with you (and I'm not mentioning heroes changed for more obvious copyright reasons).

It's not like Abbadon is getting changed that drastically. So far the only issue is the mount, but we already have Disruptor-on-a-raptor and most likely Skywrath-not-on-a-bird. Didn't see people complaining too much about them.

***And you can always buy a skeleton horse for Abbadon for only $9.99***

I think it's more the fact that we already have other heroes with avian related mounts and we want Abbadon to stick out among the heroes we already have on the roster.

Personally, I'm not a fan of his color scheme, it too much of a mishmash of uncoordinated colors. But these are alpha textures so it's still a bit too early to judge harshly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmngr View Post
    I think it's more the fact that we already have other heroes with avian related mounts.
    There is not a single hero with an avian-related mount, unless you want to consider a bat as a bird or Mirana's optional Owlion as one aswell.