Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Abaddon's Textures

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    There is not a single hero with an avian-related mount, unless you want to consider a bat as a bird or Mirana's optional Owlion as one aswell.
    Maybe I just got too accustomed to using Disruptors 'Rampant the Scaled Hunter' Mount to remember it's not his default. I was also thinking of Skywarth Mage but now I hear he might not have one.

..ehm.. that's Dragonus, not Abbadon ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandCrusader View Post
    ..ehm.. that's Dragonus, not Abbadon ...
    You keep thinking that.
    Notable threads:
    Base Model Error List

I am hoping that Abaddon is going to be on skeletal horse, not some kind of bird...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adilmaru View Post
    I am hoping that Abaddon is going to be on skeletal horse, not some kind of bird...
    I guess they wanted to make him be distinctly different from CK. Both are more or less Horseman that bring death where ever they appear and are basically immortal.
    To distinguish him I guess they want to tie this rider of death to ravens rather than a standard horseman. Certainly it's an interesting twist, though I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it myself.

I was hoping to see him ride a skeletal horse, or something like Death's mount, Despair in Darksiders 2. But yeaaah, a raven is also considered as a "Symbol of Death" in some cultures.

I'm just kinda bugged by his face... It looks like a fat, perverted guy with a mask. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Devozade View Post
    You keep thinking that.
    Dude..

It's a bird mount, a BIRD..!! that CAN'T be/shouldn't be Abbadon -_-!!
    He was supposed to be a black knight in skeletal armour with a pale dead horse weilding a deadly frost sword.. not a carnival parade joke -_-! C'mon..

But in all seriousness, those really look like Dragonus's textures, i mean, look at the colours, bright yellowish and cyan, just like Skywrath's spell particles. Either Valve is trolling Cyborgmatt or they made a mistake and swap the texture's names, c'mon that can't be the Lord Of Avernus -_- (or maybe they decide to call him Lord of Ravens now )
    Last edited by GrandCrusader; 02-28-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Basic Member
    Lord of Avernus.

Basic Member
    Skywrath has no mount, therefore it's not Skywrath.

Not to mention Abaddon's theme is not 'death knight' anyway, that's why he's called the Lord of Avernus and not Death Knight. He sort of has a time theme going and a dark paladin like theme too (not evil, just dark).

I'm glad Valve are going this way on him, remodels always usually go well, Rubick for example.