Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Quest map has many parts directly taken from Greece's map

I don't really get what the problem is. GTA Vice City's map is like World of Warcraft's (search and compare). I don't think that, whatever thing has a map, it's completely NOT based on already existing map. I don't think there is a map created from scratch.

Basic Member
    dude noone complaint ..I dont know why everyone in this post keeps saying that .. they are just stating the fact about the map :S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    In my head, the text seemed whiney.
    It's something on how it's writen.

Still, it's just you
    If you read anything in his post in a "Whiney" manner, then it's on you. Nothing about his post is even slightly whiney, he even says "it's a fun fact".

Anyways, I just stumbled upon this and thought this was pretty funny. Drawing original land-masses and making them look "authentic" is pretty difficult, it's no wonder they took some "inspiration" from real places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipa_Herb View Post
    Yea because if you go to US,Turkey,China or Russia and take pictures of military base without a permision and they catch u doing it they will let you go instantly they will even pay your vacations in theyr country on a 5 star hotel...but bad Greeks imprisoned them what a SHAME!
    Exactly.
    If you will photo non classified military base that everyone has access to look at in any other country you will not be arrested.

Basic Member
    i guess the designers were too lazy to draw their own wiggly lines to create a freaking land?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mordewolt View Post
    Exactly.
    If you will photo non classified military base that everyone has access to look at in any other country you will not be arrested.
    You are ignorant sorry...

Basic Member
    The Penesula you mentioned east of Tidemarsh looks like a reversed map of the penesula on antartica just south of Argentina & Chile (South America) The Island shortly off from it makes me believe that.

As a Greek, i really feel like saying: "Thank you, it means a lot..."

You can also see Cyclades (islandic complex), Rhodos, East Thrace (part of modern Turkey) etc.

tell me something original in dota2... not even hats are original.