Thread: [Confirmed] hookshot can't cancel Enigmas Ulti (Enigma not beeing primary target)

Basic Member

[Confirmed] hookshot can't cancel Enigmas Ulti (Enigma not beeing primary target)

Former Information:
    While Enigma is using ulti he is usually surrounded by friends and foes. Clockwerk can aim ulti on a target within a range of 125 around the target. Ulti stuns with 175 range around the target Clock will land on. So he can stun multiple units.

Summary:
    When Clock aims ulti directly on Enigma he will land on him and stun/damage him.
    When Clock aims ulti at a target which is 175 around Enigma (so Enigma is not the primary target), he wont get stunned and he continues channelling ulti and catches Clock into it.

Repro Steps:
    Put A friend or foe in 175 range to Enigma.
    Let Enigma use Ulti.
    Let Clock land Ulti on the heroes next to Enigma.

Result:

Expected Result:

More videos:Clock passing Enigma

Repro Steps:
    Let Clock use ulti on a hero.
    Put Enigma in the 175 stun-range. But not in the 125 latch-range.

Result:

Expected Result:

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I would tell you black hole > hookshot.
    Its different from wc3 so "its a bug"...
    But I think should remain as it is now, remember that BH was nerfed with a higher mana cost.
    Last edited by RocketFingers; 02-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    :/ That nerf was consistent with dota 1. ALSO! This is just another case of forced movements overriding eachother... Also your title is wrong Clockwerk [Hookshot] can not cancel Enigma [Blackhole] by stunning him with the hookshot aoe (enigma is not primary target of the hookshot)

I
    t should be: Clockwerk's hookshot gets interrupted by black hole.

You can still hookshot a target next to enigma (not through the black hole) and stun him.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    :/ That nerf was consistent with dota 1. ALSO! This is just another case of forced movements overriding eachother... Also your title is wrong Clockwerk [Hookshot] can not cancel Enigma [Blackhole] by stunning him with the hookshot aoe (enigma is not primary target of the hookshot)

I
    t should be: Clockwerk's hookshot gets interrupted by black hole.

You can still hookshot a target next to enigma (not through the black hole) and stun him.
    i didnt type that because direct hooks are still possible.
    or is the "latch" of hookshot a ministun too?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

The latch provides a ministun, thats why direct latch cancel black hole.
    Secondary targets will also be damaged and stunned by hookshot.

So when clock targets a secondary target next to enigma he would cancel the channeling, but as soon as he enters black hole aoe he is being pulled.
    This is a correct behavior.

But in wc3 dota it does cancels, so theres something different here and it can be:

1) The aoe of hookshot stun around clock is too small.

2) The movement in wc3 its kinda triggered (like other spells who perform forced movements) and even inside blackhole's aoe it does not stop until he reaches the target, and them stop the channeling.

Option 1 = bug in dota 2.
    Option 2 = bug in wc3.

Basic Member
    There is no bug in wc3 dota ^^. Dota is made according to wc3 engine. Often dev cant get certain effects they wanted (example being tide ravage) due to engine limitations. However bear in mind that all dota patch for balances etc was made to accomodate the 'limitations/bugs'. AI behaviour and hero attack/cast time are good examples of engine limitations which dota was built around. Heroes siege was a competitor to dota then so was tanks!!! Looking back i can still be amazed at how far dota has come and how popular it is now esp in china.

Slowly but surely phasing out dota1 >_< kinda sad but inevitable i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheve View Post
    There is no bug in wc3 dota ^^.
    You wrong, wc3 have bugs, i can make you a list if you want to.
    Note that i didnt said it was an engine limitation. Its how froggo coded it.

Most of forced movements spells on dota are triggered, wich causes some cool, yet "wrong", interactions like magnus sky push for example.
    Hookshot could be one of these and thats why it goes through black hole on wc3 (probably, im not sure).