Thread: Feedback

Basic Member

Cool Feedback

The tutorial was pretty good overall, but i think Keeper of the light should stay in one place and give you mana when you need it , instead of him following you everywhere, bracers isn't the best item we can suggest to new players, what if they stack bracers? shudder*, instead, we could give them a stout shield. quelling blade. and a core item for dragonkight, such as boots or powertreads. Other than that it's pretty good. ( PLEASE ADD VOICE OVER TO THE TEXT and a option to proceed)

it was nice for first mission.but i think add boot for sure for later missions it's important..also the graphics was great i hope that you improve the mp map to get like this cause the tutorial mission had great graphics...anyway thx for this and hope to see more quests soon.

agreed @ voice over.

It was very well done but the tutorial felt eerily quiet.

Having some quality voice overs for the text would go a long way in making the content more lively and engaging.

They script is already very well written and the shop keeper character has an awesome voice (as heard in the DOTA 2 trailer)

Expand on that.

I think he should have all of the speaking roles actually......and not have Dragon Knight taking instructions from a bird. Sorts of trivializes it.

What about positioning the Shop Keeper as a retired warrior who now sells wares and he is guiding Dragon Knight in the way of the sword. Maybe even have him demonstrate the moves before allowing the player to try them out himself.

Also, if you move around the map.....since there isn't a mini map in the tutorial, it can be difficult for a novice to reposition the camera over himself.

Include some instructions around that. (Pressing F1 twice, or 1 twice....or clicking your portrait....etc....)

Basic Member
    agreed with you guys.

The flow of the dialog and quests will be better with a voiceover and skip.

It's strange to take orders from the first creep, maybe if in the camp there's some sort of general to instruct until you reach the shopkeeper. The first last hit could be a deny, mercifully ending the suffer from an ally.

I see no propose to kill Razor, maybe if in parallel there's a battlefield where He keep killing other heroes, destroying buildings, just to create the villain stigma.(you can use that to explain the resurrection)

I don't know if DEVs are planing to make another tutorial about it, but I felt that need some explanation about the main objective which is to destroy the ancient(and the towers in your patch).

BTW good job with the tutorial guys. It helped achieve some basic concetps

Basic Member
    Thank you very much for such an good initiative. more people will learn from it

Basic Member
    Awesome tutorial. I heard Davion give a quelling blade response ("nothing else cuts quite as deep") during it, though - is he being given an invisible quelling blade to help last hit? I'd suggest force-removing those voice lines from him.

The only other minor quibble I had was that it's KotL asking you to follow him and at level 6 he can just Recall. But him using Chakra on cooldown makes enough sense to justify it being him, imo.

Nice work.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    The first last hit could be a deny, mercifully ending the suffer from an ally.
    This sound like a good idea for a next quest, maybe in a 1v1 situation, each hero with his creepwave, so we'll need to slow the enemy exp and then get the advantage for be the first to got a ulti-skill.