Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bot usefulness tier list

Basic Member
    The majority of my games are played 2v5 with a friend of mine so they're not the best representations of the bots but:

Top tier:
    Drow - The silence is a huge pain the ass. Other than that it's just the hero being extremely strong.
    Death Prophet - Again, the silence. Furthermore, Death Prophet boosts the pushing potential of the bots greatly. Having to deal with early pushes where they go T1 -> T2 -> T3 is really bothersome and DP alone is enough to do this often times.
    Witch Doctor - He's really good early game, and can get loads of kills. As OP said however, a problem with him is that his heal AI is terrible. He often taps it on and off which is a terrible idea with the high initial cast cost.
    Dazzle - Makes the bots spaz out completely with Shallow Grave, your bots will gladly stand at the spot for 5 seconds waiting for it to fade as the enemy bashes their heads in. He's fairly annoying in lane as well.
    Viper - Really strong hero, but he tapers off towards the late game pretty quickly so I don't believe he requires a God tier at all.

High tier:
    Chaos Knight - As OP mentioned sometimes he doesn't get his farm (I found that he more often does though), and if he does he'll dominate. If he doesn't, well he won't.
    Lich - Pain in the ass and generally solid hero. He just does exactly what he's supposed to do so he's good.
    Warlock - Have found he can quite easily score some early kills, I was considering putting him on medium tier because his ult logic is terrible though. I believe he'll only consider casting it when initiating or at least pushing. While defending, he NEVER wants to cast it. I just came from a 50 minute game in which he never used his ultimate, not once, because we were just constantly initiating and attacking, so he apparently never saw the use of having a Golem whacking our heads in.
    Vengeful Spirit - Solid hero, however I'd say what makes her strong is mostly the instant reaction swaps. Since bots don't get surprised, if they spot you in the fog for .1s, she'll swap you into her entire team.
    Bane - General pain in the ass, just like Lich, does what he's supposed to do, not much more to add.

Medium tier:
    Kunkka - Nothing special
    Tidehunter - Nothing special
    Tiny - He really suffers from only wanting to cast his combo while he's in melee range, and never using his throw for something like farm/harass/finishing off a hero.
    Sven - Nothing special
    Sniper - Nothing special, infuriating headshots
    Necrolyte - On the human team he's a complete feeder who doesn't achieve anything and only serves to leech XP as he is seemingly terrified of the enemy team and doesn't want to get anywhere near them. On the bot team, he's a tanky mother fucker who's ult you kinda gotta look for. Low tier or high tier, your pick. I'll just average it into medium tier. Can use some improvement on his ult cast logic.
    Zeus - Nothing special
    Windrunner - Nothing special, should really get some improvement on her Windrun AI as she's kind one of the heroes that is really easy to feed on, but her shackle shots make up for it.
    Crystal Maiden - Nothing special
    Lina - Nothing special

Low tier:
    Razor - If he gets a good start, he can totally dominate the game. But otherwise, he usually doesn't achieve much. Bots really should get improved logic for Static Link.
    Skeleton King - Nothing special, held down by often being assigned support role. Ult logic is terrible, the AI doesn't realize that he has a ressurect often times. He'll run off at 20%, die, then realize he's at full HP and try and fight you again before once again realizing why he was running. Or alternatively, pushing a lane, drops to 20% and runs off, while he could've just stuck around, resurrected and taken a rax or such. This also applies to Aegis, they just don't have any concept of 'resurrection' and how to utilize it.
    Luna - Terrible ult logic. The amount of times she's cast her ult while I was running away from her to begin with and not a single beam hit isn't even funny. She has her nasty moments in lane, but really she doesn't know how to deal with people that're moving and her ultimate.
    Earthshaker - Just usually doesn't achieve anything.
    Dragon Knight - He's infuriating with his stun, but otherwise largely harmless.
    Juggernaut - Usually doesn't achieve anything, married to the forest

Basic Member
    Interesting stuff and any sort of play with bots is useful to have. It's a nice way of getting an understanding of what people like to do and how they see the bots.

I still think Viper is a god tier. Yeah a human can contain him if they spot it or if they are playing someone who can rival him and with two humans that's probably more likely but I find the game is usually long over before the late game. Not to mention as someone else said, Viper usually makes it possible to win without doing anything, especially if he goes mid and triply so if he goes against Tiny.

I will give you Luna having terrible logic with ults and that really holds her back but she can sometimes have amazing games though her kill stealing when she's off her game is highly annoying. Annoying for all bots really, when they hold onto their abilities just to steal a kill and sometimes it escapes them in consequences.. She also delays upgrading that awesome team based passive of hers even after stats I think.

Lol at Juggernaut being married to the forest. So totally true.

As for Necro I've played a few games with him on my team today and at best he's inconsistent and at worst he's a horrible feeder. Sometimes he can be rather dominating, others he's really abysmal and the worst bot in the game easily. I might move him up a tier because if he's on form he really is on form but if he's doing poorly, he really does poorly.

It's not like a bad day Earthshaker or Crystal Maiden who can still contribute meaningfully with their abilities, a bad day Necro will walk into the enemy team, activate a few of his token abilities, realize he's horribly outgunned, attempt to run away and die.
    Last edited by Peachrocks; 03-01-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    ~Cut for space~
    This sums my thoughts up pretty much 100%

Basic Member
    Please nerf Viper, he's imba!

Jokes aside I can't really tell which of the bots are good, I only see them run 1v5 all the time.

Basic Member
    Juggernaut is the shit-tier AI for me. Of all the low tier heroes posted above, he is the one with consistent stupidity, Mariana Trench-level farm, and morbid infatuation with neutrals and pieces of a Battlefury. Others such as Zeus and Necrolyte have spontaneous flashes of dominance, but this guy just never has a good day.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Please nerf Viper, he's imba!
    I think if the bots were human they'd probably be bitching as such...

...ok.

You're right. Necrolyte is super useless until he gets farmed. Me and a friend (he Death Prophet, me Zeus) just pushed as much as possible early game and when our team started to group up he had nothing to contribute around 25 minutes in. We didn't take any farm from him either, but our Bane was mid for the team and he was offlane with someone else. I assume if he doesn't play mid he's a non-issue for the other team, until 45 minutes if he manages to accumulate enough farm.
    This ain't ova.

Basic Member
    Well to be honest with you I was beginning to understand your point of view too, I've played with him a few times lately. While I still think he can be one of the worst mostly because if he doesn't get farm he just does horribly in team fights (i.e walks in to a big group of people trying to get the weaker player and then dies horribly) if he does do well he can be alright but he's nowhere near Viper level, he's mid tier at best and bottom tier at worst.

He does do better at mid but its not a certainty, especially if he's facing someone like Viper or he gets harassed a lot. He doesn't always do trash if forced to the side either. In my five or so games I played with him he did have two on side lanes where he got a few kills early. Not super good for bot standards but far from useless.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyverald View Post
    Juggernaut is the shit-tier AI for me. Of all the low tier heroes posted above, he is the one with consistent stupidity, Mariana Trench-level farm, and morbid infatuation with neutrals and pieces of a Battlefury. Others such as Zeus and Necrolyte have spontaneous flashes of dominance, but this guy just never has a good day.
    That's because the Juggernaut bot is tagged as a hard carry, and farms as such.

This is his item build and bot config from the data files:
    Code:
    "Bot"
    {
        "Loadout"
        {
            "item_power_treads"						"ITEM_DERIVED"
            "item_claymore"							"ITEM_CORE"
            "item_broadsword"						"ITEM_CORE"
            "item_void_stone"						"ITEM_CORE"
            "item_bfury"							"ITEM_DERIVED"
            "item_helm_of_iron_will"				"ITEM_CORE"
            "item_helm_of_the_dominator"			"ITEM_DERIVED"
            "item_reaver"							"ITEM_EXTENSION"
            "item_recipe_satanic"					"ITEM_EXTENSION"
            "item_satanic"							"ITEM_DERIVED"
            "item_ogre_axe"							"ITEM_EXTENSION"
            "item_mithril_hammer"					"ITEM_EXTENSION"
            "item_recipe_black_king_bar"			"ITEM_EXTENSION"
            "item_black_king_bar"					"ITEM_DERIVED"
            "item_quarterstaff"						"ITEM_LUXURY"
            "item_eagle"							"ITEM_LUXURY"
            "item_talisman_of_evasion"				"ITEM_LUXURY"
            "item_butterfly"						"ITEM_DERIVED"
        }
        "LaningInfo"
        {
            "SoloDesire"			"0"
            "RequiresBabysit"		"2"
            "ProvidesBabysit"		"0"
            "SurvivalRating"		"1"
            "RequiresFarm"			"2"
            "ProvidesSetup"			"0"
            "RequiresSetup"			"2"
        }
        "HeroType"			"DOTA_BOT_HARD_CARRY"
    }
    If he is tagged as a ganker/semicarry like CK with some changes to his item build (probably Phase/Drums/Desolator), I think he would be pretty decent since he would then roam around the map early and get kills/push towers hard.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    That's because the Juggernaut bot is tagged as a hard carry, and farms as such.

This is his item build and bot config from the data files:

If he is tagged as a ganker/semicarry like CK with some changes to his item build (probably Phase/Drums/Desolator), I think he would be pretty decent since he would then roam around the map early and get kills/push towers hard.
    Oh god I just realized how easy it is to adjust bot builds... With the local games being possible now, they'll actually use it as well. I think I may mess around with that...

And yes, definitely Juggernaut is NOT a hard carry. The only thing he has going for him is a free number of hits thanks to his ult and an inherent crit, but with subpar farming capabilities and no further abilities to back him up, there are plenty of carries that will outcarry him. Heck, CK will with his fancy semi-carry role. (I'm not arguing that one btw, he's played best as an aggressive semi-carry, as dependent on the line up his hard carry potential can turn out to be very poor)
    Last edited by Arxos; 03-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.