Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Open mic Problem.

Basic Member

Dota 2 Open mic Problem.

Hey guys, I have a problem and it's very irritating. My mic doesn't work in dota 2. But it works in skype, vent etc. etc.

Now before you start flaming and say, "look for related post, theirs more then one".

I have, Iv'e looked up this problem for more then 10 hours. Not in one sitting, but Iv'e wasted a lot of time trying to fix this... And nothing is working

Some things you might want to know before you try to solve it for me....

- yes.. its plugged in
    - no... its not muted
    - My microphone works properly in mostly every other application such as vent, mumble, skype, ts, hon and sc.
    - yes, my Steam chat settings are set, and I can hear my self with the settings.

A few things I should add. The Open Mic Threshold seems to be picking up my Master Volume through out my PC. I have no way of controlling this through out the game AT ALL. Unless i'm blind and I can't find it.

I honestly suggest a microphone output option in dota 2. An option like this is in every application, And people have more then a few mics hooked up to their PCs. (via headset and web cam). I'd like to be able to choose which mic i'm able to use ingame. It would take a huge load of my shoulders instead of banging my head on the wall wondering why DOTA2 thinks my master volume is my Microphone Output.

As a disclaimer, My stream chat is set properly to my microphone... not my master volume. People said dota 2 takes the settings off of steam options, but not for me. (this is what I heard, not sure if its factual)

Thanks, and i appreciate any help. I just can't play this game at all with out being able to communicate. Typing ruins my early game with last hits and takes a decent amount of time out of what i really need to focus on.

I'm the last person to actually make a post, I'm pretty stubborn and want to know the solution ASAP by googling. But god... I can't find a single solution.

and If someone posts me to the link with the so called console fix, please dont. It doesn't work.

Basic Member
    Anyone...? I seriously just can't play this game without this feature.

Does manual mic works?

Disclaimer: I'm not an native English speaker

I hate when people play with open microphone. Hotkeys OP

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe_is_a_mansman View Post
    I hate when people play with open microphone. Hotkeys OP
    Thanks for your random Input, But i use hot keys... I was referring to the actual name of the option in audio options.......

I'm starting to feel that this forum is a joke...

And no dragon. It doesn't.

If you want to use hot key, turn the option 'off' and use the hot key for it. That's what I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonbornEngineer View Post
    Does manual mic works?
    Well, this is basically the same thing as what he asked.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    If you want to use hot key, turn the option 'off' and use the hot key for it. That's what I do.

Well, this is basically the same thing as what he asked.
    Iv'e tried this as well.

I'm just curious if you red my entire post.

The mic threshhold is reading my sound. So if i hold down PTT people hear my sounds input. NOT my mic output.

There is NO way for me to change this.

Basic Member
    Anyway i can contact a dev about this problem? I can't seem to get any help about this issue. No matter what I try, people keep hearing my game and music sounds instead of my mic when I use Push to Talk.

Basic Member
    Yay for tripple posting.....

Seriously, this is a really big issue. There is legit no way to fix this. I'd love to be able to talk to a mod, or request maybe a new feature ingame that allows you to set your microphone output?

Until valve adds an option for choosing your recording device (like we can with speakers) the only thing you can try is to mess around with things "outside" of Dota.
    Got another mic you can try?
    Can you use another contact to plug your mic into (front, line in, mic, etc.)?
    Any settings in windows or your sound cards control panel?
    Basically anything that might change how Dota detects your sound devices.