Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Healing Ward & Netherward are not Purgable

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Healing Ward & Netherward are not Purgable

Repro:

1. dire player/controlled hero places a nether ward from pugna.
    2. Try to cast any purge based ability onto it with a radiant hero.

Result:
    The ward is not a valid target for purge spells.

Expected:
    The ward is a valid target and gets instantly destroyed by purge.
    In the case of shadow demon it is destroyed when his ultimate expires

Tested in warcraft3 6.75 test + DOTA2. I did not find any note about a change in the changelogs of 6.76 or 6.77 so i assume it is not working as intended.

Basic Member
    I can confirm that. Nether ward should be targetable by purge spells (tested with diffusal and demonic purge).

Basic Member
    Did anyone go throught the whole purge able spells already? because if not i would do that and post a list of the differences between dota and dota2. So if blash or some other mod could say something about this i would actually go for it.

Volunteer Moderator
    All wards should be :/

Also I believe that they're doing it case by case... Some of the things that are purgable are just plain stupid (like clockwerk's hookshot buff [i.e. him moving] is purgable.)
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 03-02-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohne_caps View Post
    Did anyone go throught the whole purge able spells already? because if not i would do that and post a list of the differences between dota and dota2. So if blash or some other mod could say something about this i would actually go for it.
    i'd say "go for it".
    so far people have reported mostly spells that shouldnt be purgable but are (such as thunder clap).
    overpower and amplify damage (by allies) not being purgable are already on the list.
    as you can see, you should also distinct between allied and enemy purges.

added to sticky.
    gonna update the sticky with the list once it's done.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    This will be a lot faster if someone could tell me if all forms of purge are based on the same spell so i do not need to recheck it for every spell.

edit: i started with the list but i can not upload table documents here should i upload it in screenshots or is there a way to acually upload table documents?

side note: wc3 is not checking it it is ally/enemy's spell as far as i tested. It just removes the buff or keeps it according to the rule for enemys in dota2 when purge is applied to the target. Imo this is already a huge bug and it makes the actual testing super slow
    Last edited by ohne_caps; 03-02-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Well it seems like self and allied purges are the same as enemy purge without the slow (tested on Haste and DD). And that's the way I remember it too, raging at allies for purging Track/Amplify damage off of an enemy invisible unit :P

So I would say quite a big bug, purge should NOT discriminate apart from the summon damage and slow.

And on a final note: Blash this thread should be ALL wards are not purgable. They should all be destroyed with one single purge (sentries, observers, juggernaut's etc.)
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 03-02-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Basic Member
    as far as dota 2 is concerned, i am afraid you will have to check every spell as it's own spell instance.
    there is so much quirkiness going on that i have a strong feeling that all of them are hard-cod... erm handcrafted.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    :/ well I am going to upload the first part later this day then were I tested all spells that were purgeable in dota with diffusal blade.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    They should all be destroyed with one single purge (sentries, observers, juggernaut's etc.)
    Death Ward gets destroyed by purge in WC3 Dota also? Just wanted to clarify as it's an Ultimate, which is notable.