Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Comprehensive list of Purge interactions

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Comprehensive list of Purge interactions

I finished testing all known spells in 6.73. Since there is not a single change to purge in the changelogs from 6.74 to 6.77b i assume that it is still correct else icefrog will know :P
    link to the .xls on my rapidshare account
    screenshots of the same thing for the guys that do not trust my download link
    purge1.png
    purge2.png
    everything is tested in dota2 with diffusal blade
    it does not matter wheter the buff from allys or enemies so i can save a lot of time testing

about charge:
    * Spiritbreaker's Charge of Darkness -
    o When you purge a charging Barathrum, he gets slowed but the charge continues.
    o If you purge a charged unit, the debuff goes off and one of two things will happen depending on whether Barathrum continue to have vision of the unit being charged.
    + If the unit is purged but remains in vision, charge goes off as normal.
    + If the unit is purged but moves out of vision, charge stops altogether and issues an attack command at the spot the unit was last seen at.
    source: http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/mo...topic_index=42

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...40#post8083240
    According to EebstertheGreat the other purge abilities remove the same buffs so the dev's should rather just code the buff removal once and then copy/paste it for all of the spells that use purge then me testing for all the other spells

@blash: be fast and add one of those immediatly: dust removal by purge so i can start ranting about pl usage in tournaments

edit: i actually found 1 spell that is working as it should <3
    Last edited by ohne_caps; 03-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohne_caps View Post
    I finished testing all known spells in 6.73. Since there is not a single change to purge in the changelogs from 6.74 to 6.77b i assume that it is still correct else icefrog will know :P
    i remember at least one change - 6.75 - Enfeeble can no longer be dispelled (By Manta, BKB or any other dispel), maybe there is more...

link to the .xls on my rapidshare account
    screenshots of the same thing for the guys that do not trust my download link :P
    Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

@blash: be fast and add one of those immediatly: dust removal by purge so i can start ranting about pl usage in tournaments
    it was reported almost year ago...so you can abuse it as long as you want

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Comprehensive list of Purge interactions

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    i remember at least one change - 6.75 - Enfeeble can no longer be dispelled (By Manta, BKB or any other dispel), maybe there is more...
    i only checked for "purge" in the changelogs since i did not remember that enfeeble change i did not add it
    Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)
    i have no clue how to change that maybe someone can assist me here?
    it was reported almost year ago...so you can abuse it as long as you want
    ...not even hilarious but thank you anyway gotta rant now but it is not actually said there that it is removed by purge as well and in the known bug list: "(also might get dispelled from some other buff removals)"

edit: i should have changed the permission for rapidshare now. can somone confirm this for me?
    Last edited by ohne_caps; 03-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Basic Member
    thanks for your work, ohne_caps. the devs will sure appreciate it.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Also be a bit careful with some of the re-made heroes... And you may want to add a note to Last word that it's purgable AFTER the 5 seconds, but during the 5 seconds it is completely unpurgable.

EDIT: Also I think that all the purge interactions should be placed on a different thread TBH, so it doesn't get lost here forever.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 03-04-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Basic Member
    moved.
    had the post directly linked on the sticky, but i guess its better this way.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Also I would try purging all of those cyclones with panda's storm spirit thing (which has an AoE purge that should remove all 3 cyclones)

Volunteer Moderator
    Can you try testing purge against purge? I.e. enemy casts purge on you, then you try to purge it off (without testing I expect this to work :/ )

Basic Member
    I didn't notice Dazzle's Poison Touch. From what I noticed in D2, it doesn't get dispelled from Satyr's Purge.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

according to tooltip shadow demon's purge shouldn't remove negative buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    I didn't notice Dazzle's Poison Touch. From what I noticed in D2, it doesn't get dispelled from Satyr's Purge.
    afaik it does slow(purgable), slow(purgable), stun(not purgable) regardless of if the last buff has been purged. so purge might remove it for a little bit.