Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed]Ghost Scepter + hero attack modifiers have some incorrect interactions

[Confirmed]Ghost Scepter + hero attack modifiers have some incorrect interactions

UPDATED:

a) should it stay the way it is now in Dota 2? this nerfed version of Ghost Scepter which gives the following heroes a free hit against Ghost Scepter users?

OR

b) should they change it so that NO attacks work on incoming projectiles?

The following interactions occur if a hero uses Ghost Scepter while an enemy attack projectile is incoming:

table by lunatic

WC3 - 6/10 orbs work, and you can dispel 2/5 effects with Ghost Scepter for no reason. The inconsistent behavior just makes it look like a bug instead of intended balance

Dota 2 - ALL 10/10 of them work. You can't dispel any of the 5 effects with Ghost Scepter. It's most likely intended for consistency sake

(Clinkz isn't included in the above because it's physical damage)

first op
    It probably works the same for other hero orbs as well

When Drow attacks with Frost Arrows on, and then the target uses Ghost Scepter, he takes no damage but the attack effect is still applied when it shouldn't because you are supposed to be immune to right clicks while being on Ghost form

Drow isn't a big problem but when you are getting hit by a 300dmg Impetus or Arcane Orb you'll probably rage...
    Last edited by Luffydude; 03-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

I believe this is intended, check me if I'm wrong.
    You can use orb-attacks on an ethereal target, no damage though.

Basic Member
    Working as intended.
    Skill is magical while damage is physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiesce View Post
    You can use orb-attacks on an ethereal target, no damage though.
    Ethereal units are invalid targets for attacks

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffydude View Post
    Ethereal units are invalid targets for attacks
    Physical attacks.

Basic Member
    u can "orb-attack" ethereal unit? that's new to me. i only know u can "orb-attack" if u r ethereal... need to test in dota1.

Basic Member
    WC3: You should not be dealing damage with Impetus nor Arcane Orb nor Glaives of Wisdom, Searing arrows add physical damage so they are irrelevant, Frost arrow if I recall correctly also does not freeze. Burning Spears should not apply either, can't recall anything applying, so yes it is a bug.

Basic Member
    They are not attacking as such. They are casting. You have to manually click and apply the orb to the enemy hero for it to cast, you cannot just right click.

I could be wrong, however I do believe you should be taking damage from orbs that do magical damage. One example of how orbs can be spells is when frozen by CM, frostbite, you are still able to cast orb effects, easily killing an unsuspecting CM.

Yes it is largely unknown, however this has been the case for a very long time.