View Poll Results: Should TP colors be 100% the color of the TP'ing hero?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's hard to tell which hero is using TP, simply by seeing the color of the TP-ring.

    46 50.00%
  • No, recognizing the color of the ring (during TP is enough).

    33 35.87%
  • I don't care.

    13 14.13%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Plz change the TP colors, to "the actual color of the hero Teleporting"

  1. #1
    Basic Member Acid Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    448

    Thumbs up Plz change the TP colors, to "the actual color of the hero Teleporting"

    I find it sometimes confusing to determine which hero is using a TP scroll, due to the fact that each TP looks the exact same, except for the color of the outermost ring of the TP'ing hero.

    I propose that the "whole color" of the TP be changed to the "whole color" of said hero TP'ing. ...Thus when ORANGE uses a TP, the entire color of the animation is ORANGE! Instead of a universally light-blue TP animation with just an Orange ring around it.
    Last edited by Acid Snow; 03-05-2013 at 05:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Basic Member Acid Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Alertme View Post
    Focus, and force will be with you....
    It took me a dumb-fuck # of games to even realize that the outer ring of the TP animation was actually said hero TP'ing. ...That's just a fail game design.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seelscheid, Germany
    Posts
    363
    I don't know how it is with colourblind people or in the colourblind mode but for me, as a guy with decent eyes, I haven't had any problems with realizing which colour the incoming TP is and recognizing which enemy hero to connect to the incoming colour.

  4. #4
    Basic Member Acid Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyneic View Post
    I don't know how it is with colourblind people or in the colourblind mode but for me, as a guy with decent eyes, I haven't had any problems with realizing which colour the incoming TP is and recognizing which enemy hero to connect to the incoming colour.
    The 90% problem occurs when light blue uses the TP, or some other light color similar to blue... Etc... Everyone knows what a TP looks like; yet the information displayed while TP'ing is so inadequate it's just unacceptable.

  5. #5
    Basic Member Dakarai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    363
    I certainly wouldn't mind it. I don't have too much difficulty telling who is teleporting, but it would be a nice addition.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,296
    Haha, when Orange uses a TP I always think Wisp's going to ult

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    It took me a dumb-fuck # of games to even realize that the outer ring of the TP animation was actually said hero TP'ing. ...That's just a fail game design.
    How is it the game's fault that you didn't pay attention?

  8. #8
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post
    The 90% problem occurs when light blue uses the TP, or some other light color similar to blue... Etc... Everyone knows what a TP looks like; yet the information displayed while TP'ing is so inadequate it's just unacceptable.
    that's more like a problem with the colors used rather than a problem with the animation. I think light blue is too similar to aqua or whatever that other color is.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    402
    I dont find it that gamebreaking really, but i think it woulda look good!

  10. #10
    Basic Member Catma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    793
    The color for vomit yellow-orange on dire really doesn't match the hero color very well. I look up at the hero bar at the top of the screen to check who is TPing in and it takes me a second to match the color sometimes because of how far off it is.

    If there were color patches on the heroes like in DOTA, this would be a lot better, but whatever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •