Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How far should "Arcana" items go?

Basic Member
    I completely agree with op that spell icons, hero icons and minimap ocons should not change. These are things you need to know in split seconds and will only cause confusion. Please Valve don't make the HoN mistake, you are making enough money already.

Basic Member
    Things like icon/spell animation/big model changes are exact reason why I quit HoN and joined dota 2, this is bad for the game and should not be in the game to keep it clean.

Basic Member
    I think that the minimap and spells icons should change only to the user of Arcana... For the other players they need to remains the default to avoid any mess. The others things (animation, model...) can stay arcana for everyone.

Just a suggestion.

Its something close to 30$+
    Costs R$ 67 oh god...
    I will buy Tomb Raider with that money.

Storm is real Storm *-*

Fuck Mexican!

Basic Member
    I've seen someone win this item.

So I want to know how many are the possibilities to get it. :<

Here the screen:

20130308013505828.png

Banned
    tbh I'm fine with the Lina stuff (she's quite easy to recognize) but it shouldn't go much further. the rubick + bane stuff are horrible, I couldn't tell without reading it. and same goes for skillicons, those should stay the same.

@ rocket don't buy tomb raider. (only buy it if you like QTEs, alot of QTEs [like every tomb raider so far])

well, if you don't want, you have the right to not buy it. So why are you guys complaining about its price? Valve sets that price so that only a few ppl get these items. This item modifies the in-game icons and particle effects, that's why only a few ppl should get it. If it's going around like $3-4 sets then the game will be changed. Personally, I support Valve to set up this kind of price for this item

Basic Member
    +1000!
    Totally agree with you. They can change animation and effect of her skills. But we need something that fixed in our system. Hero icon and skill icon must be fixed. Don't change everythings and make our game become a mess. WTF is this Valve. Seriously, i'm mad at it.

You said u want every hero can be reconigized when he/she wear any comestic item. I'm really happy when u say that. But how can it be if u change every thing that relate to that hero??? Every part of that hero, animations, effects, and now every single icon?

New rubick set look like shit too, nothing remind me of rubick when i look at that set. That set actually change the whole way that rubick look like. HoN avatars really make a hero become a new hero, totally changed, nothing remain --> shit system. LOL is way better, LOL skins change the way 1 champion look, but still easy to recognize, they keep that champion style. Pls Valve, I like dota 2. Don't make me quit it and play LOL or HoN.

From a serious fan that played Dota, HoN, LOL and now Dota 2.
    Last edited by Yarkin; 03-07-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarkin View Post
    +1000!
    Totally agree with you. They can change animation and effect of her skills. But we need something that fixed in our system. Hero icon and skill icon must be fixed. Don't change everythings and make our game become a mess. WTF is this Valve. Seriously, i'm mad at it.

You said u want every hero can be reconigized when he/she wear any comestic item. I'm really happy when u say that. But how can it be if u change every thing that relate to that hero??? Every part of that hero, animations, effects, and now every single icon?

New rubick set look like shit too, nothing remind me of rubick when i look at that set. That set actually change the whole way that rubick look like. HoN avatars really make a hero become a new hero, totally changed, nothing remain --> shit system. LOL is way better, LOL skins change the way 1 champion look, but still easy to recognize, they keep that champion style. Pls Valve, I like dota 2. Don't make me quit it and play LOL or HoN.

From a serious fan that played Dota, HoN, LOL and now Dota 2.
    they keep that champions style?

sure if you play alot of LoL you will recognize that hero, but same for DotA, if you just started playing, you'll never recognize them.