Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How far should "Arcana" items go?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyneic View Post
    they keep that champions style?

sure if you play alot of LoL you will recognize that hero, but same for DotA, if you just started playing, you'll never recognize them.
    Have u played HoN? If u compare to HoN this is still better than that. And yes, he still have his stlye. BTW I don't wanna discuss about HoN or LOL, the one i want to talk about is that item change too many thing. at least Hero icon should be keep as default.

My opinion: they should go as far as they can cool game is not that one with poor in cosmetic effects it must be like this new one

Basic Member
    i like how half the time i read a post on the dota forums i also have to read about some shit game by some shit company that died 2 years ago

They didn't change all of her icons, and none of the new ones are debuff-related.

If they DID change an icon for a skill with a buff/debuff, why are we assuming that it would actually show up as the altered icon on the affected player's screen?

OP seems to be speculating about things that 1) haven't happened, 2) probably won't happen, and 3) wouldn't actually change a whole lot if it did happen.
    ◕_◕

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarkin View Post
    Have u played HoN? If u compare to HoN this is still better than that. And yes, he still have his stlye. BTW I don't wanna discuss about HoN or LOL, the one i want to talk about is that item change too many thing. at least Hero icon should be keep as default.
    No I haven't played HoN, while I have played way too much LoL.

I think the Hero Icon MAY change, as long as it is minor things, e.G. the hair moving to the top instead of falling down towards her shoulders.
    As long as ANY new player can recognize anything, means the skills, the hero him/her/itself and any skill, it will be fine. The second somebody starts asking "WTF IS THIS SHIT?" they should stop.

Basic Member
    I agreed with you OP. The model change itself is fine, however changing the art portraits on top, and the minimap icons is too much. It's one thing to "add" additional "cherries on top". It's entirely something else to change existing information. The minimap should be like the holy bible. You don't change that shit!
    I'm kind of on the fence about changing the spell animations. We already have a Panda for Syllabear, an alternate golem for Warlock, etc. Those seem to be "fair game" as they are close enough to the originals and give enough contextual information within the situations you would encounter them.
    I don't believe that this case, with the Dragon Slave being altered slightly, is too extreme. It still makes a close enough sound, has a recognizable shape, and similar color.

Keep the spell change. The minimap and art portraits are sacred ground, don't mess with them.

If this success, we can wait a rain of new hero models

Basic Member
    Gotta feeling OP is just hunting for the next alpine.

I have to agree with OP. Cosmetic changes to the hero and maybe the abilities are fine, but changing the minimap and hero icons is just too confusing. Knowing what heroes are where with just a glance at the minimap can be pretty hard for new players already, but with some heroes having more than one possible icon just compounds the difficulty.

edit: I registered to this forum just to post this message. I just feel Valve went too far with the alternate icons.

Basic Member
    If possible, adding an option like "Disable Arcana minimap icons/whatever" will fix the issue. Probably.