Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade fury rarely canceled by Global silence

Basic Member

Blade fury rarely canceled by Global silence

I tried to replicate this but was unable to. Bloodseeker used silence then rupture on juggernaut. Once silence duration ended, blade fury was used to move. However, Global silence was used soon after and the blade fury buff drops prior to death.
    Best I can do is provide the time and match id. The time in game was at 12:40.

dota2://matchid=142515752&matchtime=941

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    edit : i've take a look at the replay, and have no idea what removes the bladefury other than Global Silence, but can't repro it on the lobby

game time is 12:40 , replay time around 15:30

here is the lobby game where i tried it

here is the matchid vids for a quick preview (notice bladefury buff suddenly gone)

Last edited by blash365; 03-08-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added the quote

Basic Member
    Seems fine to me. Global Silence goes through magic immunity; the only way to remove the effect is by becoming magic immune after the spell has been cast.

Basic Member
    You might think so, but it shouldn't. If you try to replicate this with a global silence after blade fury in a private match, the buff will persist and blade fury is not stopped.

Basic Member
    So are you saying that's the bug then? The way I understand it, the scenario in your initial post should be correct and the one you just described should be the incorrect one.

Basic Member
    Sorry if I phrased it weird. I believe global silence should NOT stop blade fury while it is used. Only way I know to cancel blade fury is a toss from Tiny. However, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thus the bug was that it was canceled during that match, and I have been unable to reproduce this effect.
    Last edited by nxi; 03-08-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Yeah, this seems to be a bug, but I am not sure why it happened, and can't reproduce it. Maybe an issue with lag compensation? It doesn't seem to be an issue with cast points, and when testing I can't get jugg's spin to cancel even if I use Global Silence and spin during Silencer's cast animaton.

both tiny toss (juggernaut as projectile) and Global Silence always stops Bladefury in DotA, it is not a bug if that was the situation
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

Volunteer Moderator
    ^Not 100% sure if that was just animation or not (or if magic immunity etc. persists...) I tested it before, but can't be bothered finding my post again.

Basic Member
    has anyone managed to repro it? it seems something wierd happened in the replay...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    ^Not 100% sure if that was just animation or not (or if magic immunity etc. persists...) I tested it before, but can't be bothered finding my post again.
    my bad you're correct, it does stop the ANIMATION but the magic immunity and damage still done on the duration for bladefury..

but the problem is it works the same in DOTA 2, well at least that's what i tested on lobby, might take a look at the matchid

edit : i've take a look at the replay, and have no idea what removes the bladefury other than Global Silence, but can't repro it on the lobby

game time is 12:40 , replay time around 15:30

here is the lobby game where i tried it

here is the matchid vids for a quick preview (notice bladefury buff suddenly gone)

Last edited by chukky-jr; 03-08-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.