Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Outdated] Compilation of Visage bugs

Basic Member

[Outdated] Compilation of Visage bugs

1. In Dota 1 Centaur ultimate doesn't work on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (No slow, no damage) [Fixed]

2. In Dota 1 Traxex frost arrows slow familiars for 1 second. In Dota 2 it slows them for 7 seconds. [Fixed]

3. In Dota 1 Wisp tether doesn't stun familiars. In Dota 2 it's stuns them. [Fixed]

4. In Dota 1 Crystal Maiden can't cast frostbite on familiars. In Dota 2 she can. [Fixed]

5. In Dota 1 Rubick can't cast telekinesis on familiars. In Dota 2 he can.
    Also in Dota 1 Familiars doesn't get stun after target landing. In Dota 2 they got stun. [Fixed]

6. In Dota 1 Twin head dragon ice path doesn't stun familiars. In Dota 2 it's stuns them.
    Liquid fire in Dota 1 doesn't work on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (No damage, no attack speed reduction) [Fixed]

7. In Dota 1 Puck ultimate doesn't link familiars. In Dota 2 they got link. (Why? They not heroes) [Fixed]

8. In Dota 1 Storm spirit overload doesn't work on familiars (or work very short time). In Dota 2 it's works on them. [Fixed]

9. In Dota 1 Batrider flamebreak doesn't work on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (No damage, no mini-stun, not push off them) [Fixed]

10. In Dota 1 Dazzle weave doesn't work on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (Why? They not heroes) [Fixed]

11. In Dota 1 Templar assasin traps doesn't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. [Fixed]

12. In Dota 1 Witch doctor maledict doesn't work on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (Why? They not heroes) [Fixed]

13. In Dota 1 Spectre spectral dagger doesn't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. [Fixed]

14. In Dota 1 Nyx spiked carapace doesn't work if only familiars hit them. In Dota 2 it's works even if main hero doesn't attack him. [Fixed]

15. In Dota 1 Void time walk doen't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. [Fixed]

16. In Dota 1 all Timbersaw skills doesn't hit familiars. In Dota 2 all skills can hit them. (No damage) [Fixed]

17. In Dota 1 Vengeful spirit wave of terror doesn't hit familiars. In Dota 2 it's hits them.

18. In Dota 1 Troll warlord whirling axes (ranged) doesn't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. [Fixed]

19. In Dota 1 Treant ultimate doesn't ensnare familiars. In Dota 2 it's ensnares them. [Fixed]

20. In Dota 1 Tusk frozen sigil doesn't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. (No attack speed reduction, no movespeed reduction) [Fixed]

21. In Dota 1 Earthshaker fissure doesn't stun familiars. In Dota 2 it's stuns them. (but aftershock still stun familiars) [Fixed]

22. In Dota 1 Alchemist unstable concoction doesn't working on familiars. In Dota 2 it's works on them. (No stun, no damage)

23. In Dota 1 Sven storm hammer doesn't stun familiars. In Dota 2 it's stun them. [Fixed]

24. In Dota 1 Sand king burrowstrike doesn't stun familiars. In Dota 2 it's stun them. (HUGE SPIKE OF DEATH) [Fixed]

25. In Dota 1 Undying flesh golem doesn't slow familiars. In Dota 2 it's slows them. [Fixed]

26. In Dota 1 Visage get movespeed and attackspeed with grave chill even if target have linken sphere (target doesn't get slow). In Dota 2 if target have lniken sphere ability full blocked. [Intended, Linken's no more partially blocks spells]

Sorry for my poor English.
    Version of Dota 1 6.77b.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-09-2014 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Updated

Most of them are because of the fact that they are no longer considered flying because there is no flying unit in dota 2

Volunteer Moderator
    A majority of the bugs you listed about familiars are due to the ancient interraction with a lot of skills being incorrect. My thread http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=73960 shows some of them (I am as of yet too lazy to finish my list, so it'll probably stay incomplete for a while).

Bug numbers 4 and 20 is due to there not being any flying units anymore (even flying batrider is now targettable) and I believe that this is an intended change.

Number 27 is due to the new linkens general rule, which is that all components of a skill are now blocked rather than it picking and choosing.

Basic Member
    +1
    I often play on the Visage, and I'm already tired of these bugs,
    I hope Valve will fix them

Basic Member
    +1 and +26 BUMP

Visage is my new favorite hero, and these bugs will really help this hero go higher than 2 least played hero after Chen.

Basic Member
    So ...
    Why no message "added to sticky"?

The ones that are because of being flying might not get implemented, but the ones that are because of not being heroes should definitely get fixed (I wonder what they were thinking when making them heroes, specially when it doesn't fix things like frost arrows). Also the ones related to ancient and Resistant Skin. What I'm saying: use the same classifiers as with Spirit Bear, and further add the flying interactions if you want to buff visage more. After all these are balance decisions taken by the DotA2 devs, like it or not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCrab View Post
    So ...
    Why no message "added to sticky"?
    because i am not sure which of those 27 bugs are confirmable and which are intended fixes.
    it's best to let valve see for themselves.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

"intended" or not, the fixes and nonfixes change balance. It's better to implement the parity fixes (that can be confirmed) into the game, and THEN run the intended fixes, THEN adjust for balance as needed.

It's just too easy for devs to look at the list, see the reason why the bugs occurred, and dismiss them as engine limitations.

Engine limitations were a problem in dota 1, and the wonderful thing about dota 2 is that we can overcome them. But each 'intended' fix really needs to be looked at in terms of balance.

You can't just make sweeping careless (and dare I say lazy) decisions about letting bugs stand in a game with 110 different classes.

This reminds me of Spectre's "intended" fix and how it destroyed her viability.