Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast bug

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast bug

Ice Blast doesn't stop various skills from incresing the targets current hit points.

Observed with clinkz' Death Pact (fixed) and have been told Chemical Rage, Morph and Armlet will also increase your current hit points while under the Ice Blast debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakoykas View Post
    Morphling and Alchemist also increase their current HP under the effect of Ice Blast with Morph and Chemical Rage. Seems like only Death Pact was fixed.

my replay with clinkz 146272855

after 31:30 watch the clinkz.
    What happened: The Ice Blast debuff is applied to him, he uses death pact on a centraur and gains 880 current and max hit points.
    What should have happened: He uses death pact, increases his max but not current hit points which leaves him with a lower % of hp availabe and dies instantly.

As of 23rd August 2013 patch:

Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    Retested after the last main client update. still the same as on the test client. Retested after the last main client update. still the same as on the test client.
    In reference to:
    - Ancient Apparition: Frostbite debuff will prevent health gain from levelling up, extra strength or extra max hp.
    I retested my list from here (green = fixed, red = still bugged):
    -Terrorblade Sunder
    -undying decay
    -lycan shapeshift shapshift no longer gives hp bonus
    -troll warlord berserker's rage
    -alchi chemical rage
    -lone druid true form (this was missing in my initial list, but is now working correctly too)
    -picking up items that increase hp (both str and raw hp)
    -slark essence shift (when returning the stolen str)
    -timbersaw whirling death (when returning the stolen str) (this was missing in my initial list, but is now working correctly too)
    -leveling up
    -leveling stats
    -leveling invoker quas (the passive bonus when you skill it)
    -leveling morphling morph (the passive bonus when you skill it)
    Everything is fixed but, the first two. Undying decay will still add hp as well as lycans shapeshift Terrorblade's Sunder.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 04-26-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: updated op

Basic Member
    Here's a video of the interaction in DotA1 4.77b AI14. You can clearly see that Death Pact increases the max HP when under Ice Blast but doesn't change the current HP.

In Dota2 when picking up +hp (like vit booster) and +str items (belt of strength, etc) while under the Ice Blast debuff it'll change your HP the same way it would if you didn't have the debuff (i.e. it keeps your hp percentage the same instead of keeping the hp amount the same).

Volunteer Moderator
    Nice catch, it's only on the bugs sticky for morph, but this should probably added (I have not tested this, btw)

Basic Member
    Right, here's the bug report in question. It mentions other interactions with strength items but doesn't mention Death Pact. But my guess would be fixing one of those would probably fix the others unless it was a weirdly specific fix.

Volunteer Moderator
    Wait, so lets be clear, how exactly does death pact behave under ice blast? Does the unit's current HP/Max HP increase at all? Or does it remain constant? I have a suspicion as to what may cause this

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Wait, so lets be clear, how exactly does death pact behave under ice blast? Does the unit's current HP/Max HP increase at all? Or does it remain constant? I have a suspicion as to what may cause this
    for dota1, Ice Blast simply remember the victim's lowest HP value while under the debuff and set it to that value if it's ever higher (check every 0.02s iirc), so with the exception of trigger heal that instantly heal back the damage or a perfectly timed heal, pretty much none of the other effects that will increase the value of the unit's HP will work (the max will go up, but the current will remain that lowest value)

with dota 2, those skills actually can increase the current HP, I'd say it's either:
    1. It's intended change.
    2. The current code is actually remembering the highest 'difference' between max HP and current, meaning a flat increase of both will keep the same difference and cause this.
    (a way to test if it's this would be to use Clinkz to Pact something and get hit by Ice Blast near the time the debuff runs out, if the difference between his max HP and current is the same after Death Pact runs out then it'd be this one, but if his HP percent increase then I'd go with intend change)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    no need to test this i can tell u the answer when the debuff was applied to clinkz in my case he was at around 15% hit points, after he death pacted he gained current and max health and was at around 50%, so the current/max hp ratio did increase under the debuff
    Last edited by spiritlink; 03-12-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritlink View Post
    no need to test this i can tell u the answer when the debuff was applied to clinkz in my case he was at around 15% hit points, after he death pacted he gained current and max health and was at around 50%, so the current/max hp ratio did increase under the debuff
    I did not mean when he USE Death Pact, I meant when it RUNS OUT.

The others already confirm the dota2 one, I won't question that.

What I meant was something like this.

Let's say Clinkz had 150/1000 HP before Pact.

As you said he currently get that Death Pact bonus (let's go with 500 for simplicity's sake) so he'd go to 650/1500

Now, if he's under Ice Blast debuff as Death Pact runs out (let's use the above number again)
    Will he:
    1. Drops to 150/1000 (keeping the difference of current/max HP at 850)
    2. Drops to 650/1000 (retaining the current HP)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    i understood what you want to test, i just dont understand how it matters

the current/max ratio was broken when death pact started so if it's not broken when it ends it still doesnt mean the game rememberes the ratio while under ice blast it just means it's inconsistent

i bet your ass the second case will happen though, i'll test it tonight