Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 315

Thread: Revert the Arcana item change

  1. #91
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    Then let's let valve make all the cosmetics clientsided and lets let them put everything they want on the steam store even if the description has nothing to do with the game.
    The description has everything to do with what you have available in game. None of those features are fraudulent.

  2. #92
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Too many slippery slope fallacies in here.

    How many people even have the minimap set to show hero icons? Just out of curiousity.

  3. #93
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    38
    yo DArklite.......i find some of the minimap hero icons confusing(use the arrows and croses)....now if u added 40 more new icons it wudnt be good....and ive been playing dota for 5 years...imagine the new players

  4. #94
    Basic Member Bleako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Legendary skill bracket
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    It does not matter what it is Bleako.
    You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

    Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

    Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
    Last edited by Bleako; 03-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.

  5. #95
    Basic Member Kaneomanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    694
    Don't ever revert the minimap icon change, it would lead to too much confusion, owners just have to suck it up that others cant se their minimap icon duh.

  6. #96
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    I don't quite get your point? Several people are claiming it should be removed because it will cause confusion; I'm trying to find out whether it's actually caused any more confusion than the minimap icon of a new hero, which is a similar situation.
    I don't get your point. You're trying to make the argument that's it's not confusing people (and therefor it's ok to revert the icon change), and asking for proof of them being confused, like somehow you can prove if it's confusing or not. Being confused is based on the perception of the individual. I could say it confuses me and you would have no way of saying I'm wrong. If you said it didn't confuse you I would have no way of saying you're wrong. Asking for specific examples and proof of this is pointless because there is no way to validate either side of the argument.

    The problem you are completely ignoring (and I say ignoring because there is no way it's too hard for you to understand) is that when you change something at random, and have it change back at random, there is a chance it will confuse someone. That's just common sense. Stop acting like this isn't a valid reason to not change icons for other people. You're literally asking to buy a chance to confuse people.

  7. #97
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by T-major View Post
    I don't get your point. You're trying to make the argument that's it's not confusing people (and therefor it's ok to revert the icon change), and asking for proof of them being confused, like somehow you can prove if it's confusing or not. Being confused is based on the perception of the individual. I could say it confuses me and you would have no way of saying I'm wrong. If you said it didn't confuse you I would have no way of saying you're wrong. Asking for specific examples and proof of this is pointless because there is no way to validate either side of the argument.

    The problem you are completely ignoring (and I say ignoring because there is no way it's too hard for you to understand) is that when you change something at random, and have it change back at random, there is a chance it will confuse someone. That's just common sense. Stop acting like this isn't a valid reason to not change icons for other people. You're literally asking to buy a chance to confuse people.
    The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?

  8. #98
    If you're complaining that other people can't see your shitty overpriced cosmetic MAP ICON , i think you have bigger issues than the 35$ that you spent.

  9. #99
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

    Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

    Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
    +1

  10. #100
    Basic Member Bleako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Legendary skill bracket
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
    Have you ever tried reading your comments out loud?

    All cosmetics will appear on hero models and will be visible by everyone. If cosmetics were client-side-only, no one would buy them. However, minimap icons have a gameplay function. If you change them, people will get confused.

    This is why Valve require cosmetics artists to respect the heroes' color schemes and overall silhouettes when creating them. Even if Lina has different robes and hair, you can still understand who she is simply by glancing at her model. With a minimap icon, not so much.
    Last edited by Bleako; 03-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •