Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Revert the Arcana item change

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentlementech View Post
    If you're complaining that other people can't see your shitty overpriced cosmetic MAP ICON , i think you have bigger issues than the 35$ that you spent.
    The reasons I might have to buy it are not of your competence nor are relevant on this topic.
    We're talking about a company changing a payware item after some people have bought it, and being that change a restrictive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    Have you ever tried reading your comments out loud?

All cosmetics will appear on hero models and will be visible by everyone. If cosmetics were client-side-only, no one would buy them.
    Have you ever tried to read at all?
    I clearly said SHOULD.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vi3trice View Post
    If they're cosmetics, yeah. That's basically the bare minimum. I do remember some cases, but that was a long time ago.
    What? When you buy Dota 2 cosmetics, you expect for them to be seen by you only? Well then you'll love this-they are seen by everyone. If they weren't, not nearly as much people would buy them as they do now. I'm not speaking for everyone, but you'll have to trust me on this.

But the cosmetics are seen by everyone, all of them, including the Arcana item. The only thing that doesn't change for us is the minimap icon.

OP is just trying to scam Valve by making us believe he's been scammed. Stop whining, start asking for a refund right now if you want but don't expect to gather a witch hunt party over a fucking minimap icon.

I can guarantee, and you can mark my words on this, that OP will complain as soon as Valve updates the textures of any cosmetics that he purchased during the beta simply because he doesn't understand the concept of a beta game. It's ever-changing, it's always getting updated and this is not just to be expected, it's actually the entire purpose of a beta.
    The problem is that the minimap icon is a part of this Arcana. It is a part of the set.
    And please, don't start with the"beta" thing. This is from Valve's FAQ:

Q: Why would I spend money while Dota 2 is still in Beta?
    A: We don't really think of Dota 2 as a beta, but we also aren't ready for everyone to show up and start playing just yet. We are constantly updating the game with new heroes, bug fixes, and new features. None of the items you purchase or the progress you make will be lost or reset once the game is available for everyone.

If Valve doesn't consider it a beta in that field, you shouldn't either. Giving something with an cosmetic item and then removing it after someone bought it demands something in return, be it a beta or not.
    As for the OP-well maybe you're right. I don't buy Dota 2 cosmetics at all, so I really don't care if people that bought this item get something in return; in fact, as I said earlier, I would've liked if they never changed the map icon (or maybe even the hero portrait) in the first place. I'm just saying that, if someone got mad that a part of this set is no longer seen by people they play with, I do understand their point, even if it's completely redundant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergdog View Post
    Too many slippery slope fallacies in here.

How many people even have the minimap set to show hero icons? Just out of curiousity.
    I have it set to show the Drops and X's. Always have.

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    Giving something with an cosmetic item and then removing it after someone bought it demands something in return, be it a beta or not.
    Only the icon wasn't removed.

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    I'm just saying that, if someone got mad that a part of this set is no longer seen by people they play with, I do understand their point, even if it's completely redundant for me.
    And I do understand too. My issue here is that even if OP has all rights to complain, he's pushing the limits. It's like, if Valve released a set and then changed a single pixel on one of the items' textures in the following week, technically OP could probably complain about them having modified purchasable content and so he could ask for a refund because of it.

What I'm not okay with is the fact that he's calling them scammers, and the fact that he's asking for a PARTIAL refund (as in, get money back but keep the item).

Basic Member
    And I do understand too. My issue here is that even if OP has all rights to complain, he's pushing the limits. It's like, if Valve released a set and then changed a single pixel on one of the items' textures in the following week, technically OP could probably complain about them having modified purchasable content and so he could ask for a refund because of it.

What I'm not okay with is the fact that he's calling them scammers, and the fact that he's asking for a PARTIAL refund (as in, get money back but keep the item).
    I've already stated that I'm ok with a full refund or a revert too.
    The fact is that they LIMITED the item rather than edit it.

I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
    Sounds like you haven't been around, because they did state about fixing the set. The author was happy about that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.
    You paid for:
    -Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    -In-game portrait
    -Hero icon
    -Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
    -Minimap hero icon

You got:
    +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    +In-game portrait
    +Hero icon
    +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
    +Minimap hero icon

Basic Member

He probably doesn't even care, he's just trying to get money. Like the guy that wanted the spirit panda removed because it was silly, yet he had bought the panda, if he didn't like it why did he buy it? because he was hoping the item would get removed like alpine ursa and be worth alot of money in the market.

OMG big deal, the little tiny minimap icon that no one even looks at anyways, boohoo, I'm actually glad with this change, now I won't confuse lina with any other hero on the minimap.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyanPony View Post
    You paid for:
    -Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    -In-game portrait
    -Hero icon
    -Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
    -Minimap hero icon

You got:
    +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    +In-game portrait
    +Hero icon