Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Revert the Arcana item change

Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    I've already stated that I'm ok with a full refund or a revert too.
    The fact is that they LIMITED the item rather than edit it.

I would be fine with them if they just changed the look of the icon to something else but they have limited what I paid for.
    Again, a technicality. We're talking about a change that has been done with the intent to improve gameplay slightly, not to scam customers. The fact that you want a refund because of a minimap icon limitation is ridiculous.

Hey, like I said I don't care if you get your money back. I just think you're funny.

Again,. Look how much of a fuss you're making over such a small thing! The icon is even reduced by half in-game!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    He probably doesn't even care, he's just trying to get money. Like the guy that wanted the spirit panda removed because it was silly, yet he had bought the panda, if he didn't like it why did he buy it? because he was hoping the item would get removed like alpine ursa and be worth alot of money in the market.

OMG big deal, the little tiny minimap icon that no one even looks at anyways, boohoo, I'm actually glad with this change, now I won't confuse lina with any other hero on the minimap.
    Like, no: http://puu.sh/2hgzc

I got:
    +Dragon Slave's spell and sound effects
    +In-game portrait
    +Hero icon
    +Spell icons for Dragon Slave and Fiery Soul
    +CLIENTSIDED Minimap hero icon
    Where did it state anything about the minimap hero icon being serverside?

+CLIENTSIDED Minimap hero icon
    That's twisting the description right there.

Basic Member
    The new Rubick set confuses me because it looks like a rubber snake, does that mean it should be clientsided?
    The Rubick skin is full sized and easy to see, is the same basic shape and colour scheme as Rubick, and Rubick has very recognizable animations. Mistaking this set for a different hero is very unlikely to happen.

A minimap icon is tiny and is supposed to be recognizable at a split second glace, if you go changing it back and forth between games based on whether someone has the skin or not then it's a much higher chance of being confused as anther hero. I don't even use the face icons because I confuse them enough already.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyanPony View Post
    Where did it state anything about the minimap hero icon being serverside?
    Neither the rest of the items specify they are serversided yet they are.
    This applies to ALL the objects of the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by T-major View Post
    The Rubick skin is full sized and easy to see, is the same basic shape and colour scheme as Rubick, and Rubick has very recognizable animations. Mistaking this set for a different hero is very unlikely to happen.

A minimap icon is tiny and is supposed to be recognizable at a split second glace, if you go changing it back and forth between games based on whether someone has the skin or not then it's a much higher chance of being confused as anther hero. I don't even use the face icons because I confuse them enough already.
    Just tell me which hero is similar to this:

Neither the rest of the items specify they are serversided yet they are.
    This applies to ALL the objects of the shop.
    So be glad they are. I believe the correct term is argumentum ad populum? Just because all the others are doesn't mean this one is, unless it is specifically stated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    You are, just like OP, very eloquently blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You can definitely try to get a refund for something that they have changed post-purchase, but I wouldn't expect a partial one.

Honestly, if Valve do decide to give him a partial refund and let him keep the item, I wouldn't care, it's their decision and in the grand scheme of things most likely not a lot of money lost for them. I just want to point out that seeing someone getting mad over a custom minimap icon being only visible client-side is stupidly hilarious regardless of how right/wrong he is according to the law, and the humor is even more enhanced by the fact that he's created a 10+ page thread about this subject.

Edit: Source of the problem, a 32x32 image:
    Okay, then tell me, why do you care? Why does a shit load of people here are against having that puny little 32x32 icon, and appreciates the recent change?

Appears to be I've been misunderstood. I am telling this again: I do not care, like, AT ALL.
    But the fact that I do not care, doesn't mean that he should not care... It is completely sub-human-ish attitude to be incapable of empathising here. All you come up with is to belittle what he cares for.
    Do you guys understand this? He CARES for it. You do not have to care for it to see that he has right to do it.

He started the thread like any other annoyed customer would do. He wasn't any mad, but his thread got filled with shitstorm of people who came to make fun of him, and bash him down.
    He just stated that it was wrong, and seeked for justice.
    He did nothing wrong.

I say, if you don't care for this, then just leave the thread and move on. I would come by here in this thread to write if there weren't so much shitposting going around, because I don't care about this Lina cosmetic.
    Just let this guy to seek the justice for his rights. Do not be the acceptant random crowd. Allow him.

Just tell me which hero is similar to this:
    None. I showed it to a chat channel, and the answer I got was: "Who's that?"

just make a poll to decide, stop whining about it, you still see the icon yourself