Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315

Thread: Revert the Arcana item change

  1. #21
    Basic Member Vi3trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    Then I'll take legal actions against valve.
    As I said, it is ilegal to sell a good that does not represent the description of it.

    I've taken screenshots fo the store page just in case they decide to change it.
    "Minimap hero icon"

    The description covers both a client-side, and server-wide use of the icon. Unless you're willing to bend the meaning of it.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    This is clearly ilegal.
    The description of the product does not say it is clientsided.

    I do not care about your opinions about the set or its price, I'm just demanding fair and legal actions for those who bought the item.

    On my end, if they make the change permanent I will revert the payment at paypal.
    you should re-read the agreement you signed with steam when you plopped the money into your steam wallet. here's the link: http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

    "Funds added to the Steam Wallet are non-refundable and non-transferable. Steam Wallet funds do not constitute a personal property right"

    close this stupid thread, thanks for the laugh though.

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    89
    Kinda sucks actually, it's a pretty nice icon.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Neither do any of the shop cosmetics, but if Valve updated every shop item so nobody else could see it do you think that would be okay with everyone?
    I would be happy as hell, shitty cosmetics make hero designs look like they are made by a 12 year old kid who randomly pressed some tools and buttons and uploaded to workshop.

  5. #25
    Basic Member ThoAppelsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    Well, basically Valve has decided to make the map icon clientsided so the ones who bought the itme from the store wasted 25 on it.
    I demand a partial refund or a revert of the change since it is clearly scam.

    By the way, what happens if you revert the payment, do they ban you from trading?
    He is fully right on demanding this. He is fully right on his claims.
    Unless there is an agreement around that Valve can deliberately and freely change what those items do, including doing anything that causes item to do less than what it offered, this is just like he said, a scam.

    While I just hate all the cosmetics, and always wanted them to be only client-sided skin-like products like the Lina map icon currently is, this is truly an unlawful action here, assuming that there isn't such an agreement to allow this.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    You guys are asking to keep something that hinders the gameplay of others. People having trouble recognizing the hero on the map because you payed money is a ridiculous thing to have and it is bad for the game. Why do you even care? You still see the icon, that's all that should matter.

    Some people don't even use face icons for the mini map and use the circles and x's. Are you saying they should be forcibly changed to face icons if you are using the item just so you can show of your super exclusive mini map icon?

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    He is fully right on demanding this. He is fully right on his claims.
    Unless there is an agreement around that Valve can deliberately and freely change what those items do, including doing anything that causes item to do less than what it offered, this is just like he said, a scam.

    While I just hate all the cosmetics, and always wanted them to be only client-sided skin-like products like the Lina map icon currently is, this is truly an unlawful action here, assuming that there isn't such an agreement to allow this.
    It is not unlawful.

    He still sees the map icon.

  8. #28
    Basic Member DarkLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Patch Anticipation Station
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by T-major View Post
    You guys are asking to keep something that hinders the gameplay of others. People having trouble recognizing the hero on the map because you payed money is a ridiculous thing to have and it is bad for the game. Why do you even care? You still see the icon, that's all that should matter.

    Some people don't even use face icons for the mini map and use the circles and x's. Are you saying they should be forcibly changed to face icons if you are using the item just so you can show of your super exclusive mini map icon?
    I would like an actual case where people were unable to recognize Lina, and mistook her for another hero, preferably more than once.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules


  9. #29
    Basic Member Wootman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    This is clearly ilegal.
    The description of the product does not say it is clientsided.

    I do not care about your opinions about the set or its price, I'm just demanding fair and legal actions for those who bought the item.

    On my end, if they make the change permanent I will revert the payment at paypal.
    The description also didn't say others could see it, your point?

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by aftokinito View Post
    Well, basically Valve has decided to make the map icon clientsided so the ones who bought the itme from the store wasted 25€ on it.
    I demand a partial refund or a revert of the change since it is clearly scam.

    By the way, what happens if you revert the payment, do they ban you from trading?
    If you do a chargeback your account will be disabled until the payment dispute is fixed with Valve. Meaning limited access to the community features and trading among other things. As for the minimap icon, you didn't buy it for a tiny pixelated image. Get over it and stop with the troll posts. You just created this thread to create a fuss over nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •