Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial should be skippable

Paraphrasing here:
    "I don't want to waste time making smurf accounts". What is wrong with that statement?

If your friend isn't good enough to play on the level you are at, you probably should just play bot games with him anyways until he has the basics under control. I'm almost battle rank 20 and I don't notice any difference in skill level of the average player. Sometimes you get bad players, sometimes you get good players. It is a total crap shoot. If you are playing DOTA on an account that has never played it, I see nothing wrong with forcing some one to play the tutorial to make sure they understand the basics before they hop straight into YOUR GAME and ruin it for you and the team.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    Give a good reason for having an alt account.
    Because I feel like having one. What business is it of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyi View Post
    If you are playing DOTA on an account that has never played it, I see nothing wrong with forcing some one to play the tutorial to make sure they understand the basics
    A skip tutorial option located in a far corner with a warning that says "are you sure bla bla" makes perfect sense and is just good game design. The way it's set-up right now is kind of stupid and I'm pretty sure it'll be changed in the future. As it should be.

NO
    its way to make SMURFS SUFFERRRRRR
    SO SUFFERRRR

+1 to NO
    If you want smurf have fun with tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Destro View Post
    Because one of the major reasons for creating a smurf account is to avoid LPQ. LPQ can't be an effective punishment if players can just create a new account so they don't have to play during their punishment time. If you were punished with LPQ either play LPQ or don't play dota till its over.

-1 if the tutorial is what it takes to slow down the amount of smurfs being created then I want MOAR

Also, I know a lot of people who, even if they were new, would try to skip the tutorial if they can. The basic one should be mandatory. Any tutorials implemented after that could be optional, but not the first one.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck View Post
    Because one of the major reasons for creating a smurf account is to avoid LPQ. LPQ can't be an effective punishment if players can just create a new account so they don't have to play during their punishment time. If you were punished with LPQ either play LPQ or don't play dota till its over.

-1 if the tutorial is what it takes to slow down the amount of smurfs being created then I want MOAR
    Retarded logic, it's at best 15 minutes of delay and after they complete it single time they're free to smurf on that account without any trouble

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysik View Post
    Retarded logic, it's at best 15 minutes of delay and after they complete it single time they're free to smurf on that account without any trouble
    Well, not unless they're made to play the entire series of tutorials. Man I'd laugh at all the people who try and make scrub accounts if that's the case.

Banned
    There is a way to finish the tutorial ultra fast:

enable console
    sv_cheats 1
    host_timescale 4

do not set too high a number on host_timescale otherwise weaker computers might hang

Basic Member
    That's not a valid reason. Explain why you want a second account, aside from trying to dodge the LPQ system or get easy wins against low players?

Unless you're secretly one of the big-name professionals, there's no good reason to want or need a second account.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    That's not a valid reason. Explain why you want a second account, aside from trying to dodge the LPQ system or get easy wins against low players?

Unless you're secretly one of the big-name professionals, there's no good reason to want or need a second account.
    Well, there is the want of playing with friends who are new players, without queuing up with more experienced players (I suppose this lets you pubstomp, but it's for reasons of helping your friends out. Nothing is more annoying than teammates yelling at your less experienced friends).