Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tutorial should be skippable

Basic Member
    Should make the tutorial longer and add 20 more mandatory lessons. That'll teach LPQ dodgers!

Basic Member
    I think it's stupid to force people to do the tutorial. There are 3 skill levels you can choose when you first start the game. I don't recall what they were called but I think only the highest should be able to completely skip the tutorial. The two other skill levels should be able to skip it to reach the menus and play bot games and other search for other non-competetive games. But they should be forced to do the tutorials before they can search for regular games in the MM system.

Basic Member
    Made an account to add that I am annoyed by the tutorial being mandatory. I went in, played 2 games against bots with my brother somewhat helping me get used to the basics of the interface/game, and then we got together with some of my brothers friends to set up a game and then the game appears to crash for me. I go back in, and the tutorial is in my face, after some yelling/sadness overall we finally figure out after some waste of time that that the tutorial is unskippable.

We should be able to at least put off the tutorial until later, it was not a fun experience to be yelled at over skype for being too dumb to close the tutorial only to find out that it's unskippable.

Basic Member

Skippable tutorial means you can create alt accounts if your main account is in low prio without a hindrance

Basic Member
    Why do we have alt accounts? Well, when you get chat muted, you don't feel like playing muted, so you create an alt account, and stomp noobs with it. Damn this system is so flawed. Valve is so concentrated in keeping win ratios at 50% that they don't care and/or understand how flawed that matchmaking system is.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow