Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Show lvls at hero-bar

The main issue I see currently is that this scoreboard takes a huge chunk out of the screen, and could be a lot smaller. Adding the level information somewhere else could also be the solution and is far from gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    please no, if you want to know their level, click on the hero, or open your scoreboard
    Viva la purismé!

Basic Member
    or just increase the font size when you mouse over an enemy to see his lvl easier

Basic Member
    Just giving my +1. Anyone who disagrees with easy to see information is silly.

Basic Member
    I don't think this is a good idea. Let me give a simple example to demonstrate. As a Lion (Demon Witch), if suppose I was ganking, I would not like the opposing hero(s) to know whether I was level 6 yet or not. I would want them to click me and check. This split second of doubt in the enemy hero results in a decision making process of either guessing whether Lion is 6 or not, or just running away in fear before safely clicking and checking. Dota is a lot about mind games and while this might seem like an addition that makes things more simple, it removes a side of the game which is pretty much the only thing that separates equally skilled players.

Basic Member
    It needs more than that. It need to add more info about your allys in general. Thier HP/Mana, Level, cooldown of skills, etc. I always like to know what my allys have available when i'm about to attempt a gank or run into a teamfight so I can plan accordingly.

Basic Member
    ^^ this leaves no room for general game awareness and basically gives you everything you want on a plate... I understand mana bars, cooldown, bla bla for allies but definitely not for enemy heroes. It just ruins the whole element of surprise and mind games...

Basic Member
    I ment to say only for allys. Sorry to be unclear about that. Knowing the enemy's info would be cheating in my book.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DdsT View Post
    The main issue I see currently is that this scoreboard takes a huge chunk out of the screen, and could be a lot smaller. Adding the level information somewhere else could also be the solution and is far from gamebreaking.
    A great place for this would be.. hmm, in the already next to useless portraits in the oversized hero bar at the top.

A number in the portrait.

God I know this is mind blowing for you purists out there. Fear of the huge gameplay and balance ramifications from removing the need to press tab can be a bit much too handle. What are you to do with your superior tab-pressing skills!?!

I totally gotta agree with this!