Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show pre-mades/grouped players during picking.

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Show pre-mades/grouped players during picking.

It feels like a huge disadvantage in the PUG/Matchmaking system to go up against grouped players and not knowing about it. These games result is some of the worst stomps and terrible games due to these grouped players working together with better picks, warding, tower diving and just ganking much more than normal pug games. If there were a visual queue during the selection screen indicating that players are grouped it would at least allow ungrouped players the chance to make more intelligent decisions to adjust instead of randoming, picking carriers, not warding early etc.

Basic Member
    You are assuming that with knowledge of pre-made/grouped players, people will play better and differently. Whether this will occur or not, depends entirely on the individual. Some people will still pick carries regardless, with the mentality that they are the only "good player" on their team. Some people will still pick supports regardless, because that is the role they are comfortable with and enjoy playing. Whatever the case, teamwork and cohesion may increase with such an indicator for pre-made/grouped players, but it will not necessarily happen in all games. The reverse can also happen; people may form the idea that they've already lost before the game has even commenced because they are up against a group.

Basic Member
    Well personally, I wouldn't random in those games and would try to pick the best hero I can play alright to help the team. Right now it's random as usual expecting a pug and getting stomped by groups.

Basic Member
    +1 to this. I strongly agree with ts. Groups with parties should be only matched with other groups with an equally numbered party. True this makes it hard to match players but playing with alone with 4 other people who have no chemistry pre-game vs 5 people with excellent chemistry can be arguably stressful.

On the plus side if this is not implemented, people are forced to find groups to play with. This is what i have been doing lately adding a lot of friends so I am usually invited by a group to party and things go more smoothly.

+1 now it had been up to even unfair

Basic Member
    It would be cool if it showed people's skill rank before a game started, that way we could pick harder to play heroes against newbs.

No. You are forgetting about the people who are playing with a couple of friends, and just casually randoms 4 melee carrys. Such as myself, should we always be matched against people going all in on hard-picks? The "teams" that even are better than just randoms usually plays fw/cws anyways.

It should, at least, be taken into consideration when match-making, so you going against a made team is more likely when your party is made itself.

But other things should be taking into consideration too, like the win-lose ratio. Not just distance between players.

But it should not be a limitation. If teams are not found that match you, the next best thing is anyone else.

Basic Member
    +1 .... it's like being able to see ppl with the same IP lol

and it's just nice to know if ppl are grouped together or not .... but also i can see some ppl flaming stuff like that too ....

"lol nooob .... your friends are nooobb too ... LOL YOU GOT PUB STOMPED BY ME ALL BY YOURSELF!! nooobs ..."

"gang banging fags .... cant do anything but hold hands and butt f*** each other .... FAG FRIENDS !!!"

see what i mean :/
    "Dota 2 will have LAN mode. There are some systems that LAN mode requires that we haven't finished yet, mainly because we've been focused on matchmaking. We know how important this feature is for the community"

GUESS WHAT!!?!??!!??!
    chicken butt

"Douching is a process that involves rinsing or cleaning out the vagina by squirting water or other solutions into it."

this forum has an awful lot of reposts...

as more people play - matchmaking will get better
    please do remember that this game is in beta, and you're getting matched the best possible

but i hope they do add where you can specifically queue a team of 5 against another team of 5. that would be cool