Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Personal banlist

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Personal banlist

Alright, in b4 shitstorm. I know this idea might be controversial, but I want to bring it up nonetheless. Let me start with an event that happened just a few hours ago:
    I was stacking with two mates of mine. We started the game normally, everyone loaded, four of our team had their heroes picked, my mate called mid and went there. So far, so good. Then it happens: the last person randoms. It's Void. He goes mid instantly and fucks up our whole laning. Now, I usually refrain from being mad because of such things, but this person screwed it up big time. First blood goes to them, ganks don't work, you literally smell defeat as everything crumbles down. Since we don't want to waste our time, we leave after reporting this douche and start looking for a new match. We find one. The same one guy - Mr. Super-Awesome Solo-Mid Void - is in it.

Since we reported him, I think it does not make sense to get queued with him again. What I suggest is a personal banlist, so you can exclude people from your matchmaking queue. Maybe allow it once per day, I don't know - I just feel it is necessary.

(NB: I'm not bawwwwing because I lost a game, I'm not mad, I just wish to have a bit more control over with whom I am queued, especially when they fucked up so badly.)

What do you guys think?

I'll be blunt - the point of M-M as Valve is making it now is to force you to play with 'those' people. Personal banlist prevents that. Valve can't have you playing only with 'adequate' people, because then it would be much more difficult for 'trash/trolls/tryhards'(I put tryhards because people would ban them as well, why not; also it makes T-T-T then ) to play, and those are the majority of the playerbase. They need to be put with 'nice and good' people, so they can at least enjoy some of their games.

If Valve did not want 'normal people' to play with 'unpopular' ones, they would add banlist long ago. Now, they think LP is more than enough.
    Last edited by Hadgehog; 03-17-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    I'll be blunt - the point of M-M as Valve is making it now is to force you to play with 'those' people. Personal banlist prevents that. Valve can't have you playing only with 'adequate' people, because then it would be much more difficult for 'trash/trolls/tryhards'(I put tryhards because people would ban them as well, why not; also it makes T-T-T then ) to play, and those are the majority of the playerbase. They need to be put with 'nice and good' people, so they can at least enjoy some of their games.

If Valve did not want 'normal people' to play with 'unpopular' ones, they would add banlist long ago. Now, they think LP is more than enough.
    Not really. You can limit that banlist to only 20-50 entries (with added slot later if you are willing to pay etc.), or you can only ignore people in your own team, not the opponents.

Theoretically, people are matched by their MMR, no reason to be afraid of banlist overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    You can limit that banlist to only 20-50 entries (with added slot later if you are willing to pay etc.)
    That's a lot of entries lol. Seems like you come across a lot of T-T-Ts to quote Hadgehog Sounds like a good idea but a quicker way to get rid of this problem is to just grab two more friends and play as 5. Or perhaps play a different game mode?

Basic Member
    If u report one guy for example, he automaticly goes into your personal banlist which prevents him from playing with you again ??

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preshlen3 View Post
    If u report one guy for example, he automaticly goes into your personal banlist which prevents him from playing with you again ??
    No.

Report him
    Mute him
    Heck even mutilate him. valve does not care for your mental health.

I support this, i long for this.
    If you don't have an intelligent reply for me, don't bother I will shred your non sense to pieces.

Basic Member
    Is there any info on this VERY IMPORTANT subject?

Some people dive me crazy. Sometimes I have to play with them 2-3 times in a row.

Really, want I want mostly is just a response... is it being considered at all or not?
    If you don't have an intelligent reply for me, don't bother I will shred your non sense to pieces.

Basic Member
    Another game... Blood pumping on my head. It is almost painful... Is the policy of Valve to induce so much anger to their clients? All I want to know if this is even under consideration at all?

Yes or No will do. PLEASE post something.

Basic Member
    There isn't really a good argument against this for pub games. If some guy spends the whole game making an ass of himself, loudly blaming everyone but himself whenever he dies, etc, I don't care how skilled or unskilled he is, I should be able to not play on his team again.
    Last edited by Kaiman; 03-28-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Basic Member
    There isn't really a good argument against this for pub games. If some guy spends the whole game making an ass of himself, loudly blaming everyone but himself whenever he dies, etc, I don't care how skilled or unskilled he is, I should be able to not play on his team again.

the point of M-M as Valve is making it now is to force you to play with 'those' people.
    If that's really true then Valve is wrong.

They need to be put with 'nice and good' people, so they can at least enjoy some of their games.
    If they didn't enjoy some games they wouldn't play. "Nice and good" people don't mind newbies. They mind assholes. There is a huge difference. If a guy is trying and failing, asking questions, being a teammate, communication, can admit he made a mistake, etc, I won't banlist him.

It's still frustrating to play a game with a brand new player, even one who admits "Ok I'm new what should I do?", because I have to waste 30-45 minutes knowing we almost for sure will lose. (Heck, it's not even all that fun to WIN a game when the other team has that guy). THAT'S where the M-M system needs work ... those people should mostly be place with each other so the games will be more fair. And they will still learn b/c they won't be in only games with 10 newbies. But you shouldn't have many games with 9 average players and 1 guy who simply can't compete at that level at all.