Thread: The statistics panel is too small and unclear / Where are the names and titles?

Basic Member

The statistics panel is too small and unclear / Where are the names and titles?

I don't know if it's just me, but the following issues have come up during my few days of playing:

1) The window / popup of hero statistics (str/agi/int) is entirely too small and uninformative, as is the popup that comes up when you mouse over it. It should portray the main stat more clearly than it does now and in my opinion also separate damage gained from statistics from what the panel now considers "base" damage. Meaning, when I have a base damage of 50 and I get a Staff of Wizadry, my base damage is displayed as 60 but when I get a Blades of Attack, my base damage is 50 and I get a +9 on damage. Somehow this seems inconsistent.

2) Hero naming/titling policy seems inconsistent. You have guys called "Earthshaker" and "Windrunner" but then you also have heroes go with the names of their heroes from Dota 1 like "Viper" and "Sven" etc. I do realize that this is to a degree due to a copyrighting issue, but certainly can't be something that could not be worked around? Hero names added a nice little bit of flavor and for geeks like me who enjoyed the little nyances of fun that came from names like "Mogul Kahnt Touch This" - Axe it is saddening to see the names go.

My suggestion: Currently there is free space to in the interface to the left of where the portrait and the statistics are. I suggest that you make use of this free space and first of all make the hero statistics portion clearler and more easily viewable but also make use of this by bringing in the hero names and titles. Sure, you'd have to come up with a few new titles for Blizzard designs like Priestess of the Moon or names like Alleria but I'm sure this can't be too much?

I'm still under the impression that the entire hud is placeholder. It barely shows any information and is not very pleasing to the eye.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleme View Post
    My suggestion: Currently there is free space to in the interface to the left of where the portrait and the statistics are. I suggest that you make use of this free space and first of all make the hero statistics portion clearler and more easily viewable but also make use of this by bringing in the hero names and titles. Sure, you'd have to come up with a few new titles for Blizzard designs like Priestess of the Moon or names like Alleria but I'm sure this can't be too much?
    The problem is that that there is not any room in the current UI. On a 4x3 resolution ever space is used. The gray boxes are just there because you play on a widescreen resoulution. This engine works differently then the Wc3 one.

Agree with your first point.

Hero titles and names are something that surely needs to be corrected. All heroes should have a name and a title, even if it means changing some of them due to copyright.

I`d also like attack speed and move speed shown up on stat panel as well.