Thread: Bots difficulty with steam offline/dota 2 offline

Basic Member

Bots difficulty with steam offline/dota 2 offline

So we can now play dota w/ steam in offline mode and starting dota 2. (dota_start_ai_game 1; map dota) However, the difficulty command seems to have no effect (dota_bot_set_difficulty 4; dota_start_ai_game 1;map dota). How can we have the chain-stunning imba gold and exp gain bots on offline mode?

Basic Member
    I've found it uses what is set as default, ie when the game is started? I haven't tried console difficulty changes though, however mine are definitely played on unfair.
    Is it perhaps the method in which you start it? I start it through map dota -> dota_bot_populate, perhaps it uses the difficulty setting only when you populate and not through your command?

Basic Member
    I'm trying this now, will report back later. Also, do you need the command dota_surrender_on_disconnect 0 (not sure the exact command)?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkylee View Post
    I'm trying this now, will report back later. Also, do you need the command dota_surrender_on_disconnect 0 (not sure the exact command)?
    You only need that if you wish to spectate the bots. Remember to jointeam good/bad/spec.

Basic Member
    Wow. I managed to lose more games than I won. Thanks a lot sir. I think I'm playing against unfair now.

sry i didn't understood ... what i must do to play against unfair bots in offline mode ? what i must do exactly ? thx

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nesa View Post
    sry i didn't understood ... what i must do to play against unfair bots in offline mode ? what i must do exactly ? thx
    First add -console to Dota 2's launch options in the properties tab.
    Then when you start up Dota 2 if you're offline you should get stuck on the 'Connecting to Dota 2 servers' screen. At this point, press the tilde '~' key, the one to the left of '1'.
    Then insert the following commands:
    map dota
    jointeam good/bad/spec (Radiant/Dire/Spectator respectively)
    dota_bot_populate

If you decided to spectate, also type dota_surrender_on_disconnect 0