Thread: Unused dialogue for announcers

Basic Member

Unused dialogue for announcers

Could it be possible that you guys will script the announcers to use all of their dialogue? For now, they're not all using most of their dialogue (for example, the Pirate Cap'n has dialogue for denying, buying, dying, and getting wiped)

Basic Member
    Same for the Bastion announcer.

He doesn't say anything when it turns night and there is an enemy Nightstalker. ("It's nightstalker o' clock" "Nightstalker, just saying.") No reaction when someone dies to a Neutral or when the whole team gets wiped ("Way to clean their clocks!"). If someone pauses the game he doesn't say "Time out!", he only responses when someone unpauses. Nothing when you try to fight Roshan early in-game. ("Good luck with that!") He says nothing during a Full Team Fight (Now it's on! What a commotion. Now we're talking.) Saying "Mid or I feed" wont give you his hilarious response. And enabling him wont make him say "Much obliged."
    Of course some of these voice lines might only play in spectator mode, not sure though.

Also, it seems like he doesn't say most of his Welcome lines anymore, maybe they are just too rare now. I hope Valve will do something about that. All the announcers have great voice lines that seem to remain unused.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunky View Post
    Same for the Bastion announcer.

He doesn't say anything when it turns night and there is an enemy Nightstalker. ("It's nightstalker o' clock" "Nightstalker, just saying.") No reaction when someone dies to a Neutral or when the whole team gets wiped ("Way to clean their clocks!"). If someone pauses the game he doesn't say "Time out!", he only responses when someone unpauses. Nothing when you try to fight Roshan early in-game. ("Good luck with that!") He says nothing during a Full Team Fight (Now it's on! What a commotion. Now we're talking.) Saying "Mid or I feed" wont give you his hilarious response. And enabling him wont make him say "Much obliged."
    Of course some of these voice lines might only play in spectator mode, not sure though.

Also, it seems like he doesn't say most of his Welcome lines anymore, maybe they are just too rare now. I hope Valve will do something about that. All the announcers have great voice lines that seem to remain unused.
    It's a damn shame, since I bought the Pirate cap'n announcer pack after listening to the dialogue on the wiki. At the current moment it's just the regular announcer, with a few tweaks.

Basic Member
    Same problem with Bastion Announcer, i hope Valve will fix this.

They need to make much more triggers in and working. Pflax talked about that during his last stream. He did some lines for abilities but they can't trigger in the game.

But it doesn't seem to be high on the priority list since people are buying the announcers anyway.

Basic Member
    I thought it was more about chance he might say something and he may not.