Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion Commander's Valve concept lore

Basic Member
    its a relatively common type of story
    That's what make it shit. It's a bog-standard, overused and simply dull story that's being used to replace something as interesting and unheroic as being a blatant racist/speciest.

really? basically every story every follows the same basic story structure. there was even a book about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Her...Thousand_Faces

Basic Member
    Yeah, but what separates the good ones from the bad ones is how obvious that basic story is.

Almost every adventure follows that format, but if you hide that fact with things like setting (scifi/fantasy/steampunk/modern day), what the hero's like ("evil" traits like racism, exile or brainwashing or "unheroic" traits like cowardice, hesitancy or pacifism) and how they succeed (find some ancient artifact/discover their inner strength/sacrifice themselves for their cause).

If legion commander is a female now, why are they still called "Tresdin"?? The name doesn't work as a girls name so they should really just change it.

Basic Member
    ^ Tresdin is a unisexual name, imo. Much like Alex or Jean.

Make Rapier on her a cosmetic item.

@topic
    Any chance you guys think she could be related to the Knights of Fold, Vigil Knights or the Aol Drias? It would support someone's theory here where she time traveled and her soldiers made those organizations to commemorate her.

wat. this has been discussed time and time again, there is no sex implied with the name tresdin.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    That's what make it shit. It's a bog-standard, overused and simply dull story that's being used to replace something as interesting and unheroic as being a blatant racist/speciest.
    tell me more about how samurai jack was a terrible series. its the same type of story. someone even pointed out how it was similar in this very thread.

Basic Member
    Name her Tresdina.

Personally, I'm cool with Legion Commander being a man or woman as long as he/she is wearing heavy armor preferably mounted while wielding a fearsome huge weapon be it a halberd, sword or axe. LC being a speciest/racist is great because it gives her a unique flavor among the heroes who does not wish to cooperate with non-humans. Her great mistrust to non-humans stemmed from the fact that she probably grew up in a realm where humans are the supreme species. Plus it would be sweet if LC kills Phantom Lancer and say, "You and want army, cur!" or "You're Legion is merely an illusion."

Basic Member
    This is my 1st time posting on this thread about LC and there is no need to be hostile. I am well aware Tresdina is a silly name and I was just joking indicated by a grin. You seem to be very passionate about her lore but please relax a little.

I think that vocal abuse and failure to communicate are perfectly reportable offenses right over here.

And if you ask me, descending into namecalling and meme abusing is punishable by death.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    sigh. didnt think i'd have to do this in the Lore section...
    manners, please.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage