Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion Commander's Valve concept lore

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    If they want a female legion commander.

Then just put her on a horse with a legion commander's full armor.

i.e. you can only tell she's female by her voice.

Otherwise, it's just trash and a deliberate pandering attempt by Valve.
    no need MOUNT ..DUELING looks more badass without mount specially if valve use special attack animation instead regular attack anim

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qassamzed View Post
    no need MOUNT ..DUELING looks more badass without mount specially if valve use special attack animation instead regular attack anim
    ^this

http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/b/b3/Drag_move_06.mp3

A person who calls for duel should dismount beforehand

It will look much more badass

Basic Member
    I'd want special attack animations for dueling like what qassamzed said. Also special special attack animations with customized items when dueling

you cant honorably duel on a horse. truefax. its called a joust then

am i the only one who wishes she had an elegant fencing rapier tho? i mean come on, its the gentleman's (or lady's) weapon of choice. and it never hurts to have some class
    Last edited by Lord_Talron; 03-20-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Basic Member
    Its more appropriate for an agility hero to have a fencing rapier since its mostly used with finesse and accuracy.

We have LC, who is a strength hero, packs more power than anyone in her legion, has ripped demonic armor apart and starts wrecking shit when she faces more soldiers. We need her to have some big ass sword that doesn't look ugly.

Btw Talron, why don't you use your Joker sig here?

Basic Member
    Defence of the Hats.

Gotta broaden that appeal.

Before we know it, we'll be able to the see mana bars on the other team.
    Backswing animations will be removed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
    you cant honorably duel on a horse. truefax. its called a joust then

am i the only one who wishes she had an elegant fencing rapier tho? i mean come on, its the gentleman's (or lady's) weapon of choice. and it never hurts to have some class
    Tresdin doesn't really do "classy". She does more "winning". She would fight with a goddamn halberd if she felt it would win her more duels.
    But honestly, I can't figure out exactly what type of sword she has.
    It seems like a cross between a long-handled twohand sword like a longsword, zweihander, or what-have-you and a sabre or a cutlass. Heck, you could almost call it a weird naginata or fauchard.

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    Before we know it, we'll be able to the see mana bars on the other team.
    Backswing animations will be removed, etc.
    I should hope you are joking. If not, that is a Slippery Slope argument and a major fallacy. You people bitching about the ability to customize heroes to your liking is incredible, especially since you don't even have to or anything, nor does it cost real money like in League of Losers, NOR do the different looks make your hero seem out of place in the world. Shut the fuck up.

....Anyway, this has nothing to do with the thread.

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

He's making a joke, Just. And using hyperbole to make his sentiment clear. Figures of speech are used for that kind of thing, you know?

Kinda miss the RACIST segment of Tresdin's personality, but that won't really kill the character for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikiri View Post
    2 months from now, everyone will play her as though this didn't happen
    and 2 years from now, Tresdin will be known as a Lady knight, not some old man riding a horse
    Maybe because raging will do nothing and we will have to accept this shitty idea on the continuation of the game we love.
    I still call nature prophet Furion and antimage Magina, SK's name will be forever Leoric, despite not being it on the files.

All Right, we accept Tresdin female.... Two months later -> NEW ARCANA <FEMALE INVOKER>