Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vengeful Spirit vs Skywrath Mage (?)

Vengeful Spirit vs Skywrath Mage (?)

What's the actual story between these two Heroes, why is actually Venge trying to revenge herself? What did Skywrath do to her?

Oh look, it's two lores:
    »Even the most contented Skywrath is an ill-tempered creature, naturally inclined to seek revenge for the slightest insult. But Vengeful Spirit is the essence of vengeance. Once a proud and savage Skywrath scion, Shendelzare was first in succession for the Ghastly Eyrie until a sister's treachery robbed her of her birthright. Snared in an assassin's net, Shendelzare tore free only at the cost of her wings, limping away in the ultimate humiliation: On foot. With her wings broken, she knew the Skywrath would never accept her as ruler; and in the highest roost of the Eyrie, inaccessible except by winged flight, her sister was untouchable. Unwilling to live as a flightless cripple, and desiring revenge far more than earthly power, the fallen princess drove a bargain with the goddess Scree'auk: She surrendered her broken body for an imperishable form of spirit energy, driven by vengeance, capable of doing great damage in the material plane. She may spend eternity flightless, but she will have her revenge.« -for VS.

»A highly placed mage in the court of the Ghastly Eyrie, Dragonus lives a troubled existence. Sworn by birth to protect whoever sits within the Nest of Thorns, he hates the current Skywrath queen with all his soul. As a youth, high-born, he was a friend and companion to the eldest Skywrath princess, Shendelzare, first in line for the Nest. He had loved her warmly and unshakably, but as his studies took hold, his mind turned to arcane learning and the mastery of Skywrath sorcery.

Obsessed with matters aetherial, he missed the mundane signs of courtly treachery that hinted at a plot against Shendelzare, and lost his chance to foil it. When the court was shaken by a swift and violent coup, he emerged from his studies to discover his oldest and dearest friend had been lost to him. The Nest of Thorns now belonged to Shendelzare's ruthless younger sister, and Dragonus could do nothing. The magic of the Skywrath Mage serves only the sworn protector of the Skywrath scion, so to act against the Nest would render him helpless. He clings to his post, believing it to be the best hope of one day restoring his true love to her rightful place. Meanwhile, his secret is known only to the goddess Scree'auk, whose magic it was transformed Shendelzare from a crippled physical creature into an embodiment of pure vengeful energy. While he dreams of restoring his beloved queen to the Ghastly Eyrie, he dreams even more desperately of restoring Shendelzare herself to a fully healed physical form. The duplicity of his role at court tortures him, for he is a noble and good-hearted creature; but the worst torture of all is imagining the hatred that Vengeful Spirit must hold in her heart for him. « -for Skywrath

Okay, so you're the guy in charge of the Lore videos on your site - if I remember correctly - and you haven't read their backstories and refuse to do that, instead telling us to read them out loud for you. Jeepity jeeps, good thing I already have a less than favorable view of your series, because that would have been quite a blow. Did you run out of stuff of your own to put in? Are we kind of there for a strike of inspiration or something? I realise that you came here to promote the series first and to ask us for advice second, but good boopity boop, word your requests better because this right up here sounds extremely stupid.

Dragonus and Shendel are not enemies. He did not, in fact, betray her. Screw that shit, he's trying to bring her back to power if anything. They were - forgive me for this pun - two lovebirds. Then Shendel's evil sister (even more evil than an average Skywrath, and by that I mean Chaotic Chaotic Chaotic 7 AM Evil) dethrones her and actually gets her in a bang where she loses her wings. Shendel then goes on to somehow survive after having her wings ripped from her body - tough one, that girl - and make a deal with the goddess that the Skywrathi worship, Avilliva Skree'auk, to give up some unnecessary shit in order to gain power so to avenge the betrayal and get her own back. That's how she became Vengeful Spirit.

Dragonus serves her evil sister who is currently the ruler atop the Ghastly Eyrie, and is bound to serve her because, well, the Skywrath are a rather hotheaded race so those insubordinate don't live for long and I guess they have a matriarchal society. Of course he still has dreams of Shendel that make his cloaka go moist and half of what he yells in battle is about her. So yeah. That's my take on their lore which you can read right up there in thyL's post.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 07-06-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

The two posters above pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not as seasoned a dota 2 lore enthusiast as 1337_Noob, but, I'll contribute what I can to the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pHNkOQCIzk

It's a tough life, being a skywrath - And a weird one with Scree'auk as your goddess(?). I've not delved deeply into the voice lines said by the two heroes, or the lore of the goddess but I find it quite interesting that the two hope to achieve the same goal through radically different means, yet, both use Scree'auk as the central anchor. Vengeful prayed or demanded - I don't know what Skywraths do - for her ghastly form to visit vengeance upon her sister whilst Dragonus feels that through serving the current queen (and Scree'auk I imagine) he can achieve the same goal. Yes, this is still me sort of copy/pasting the lore but, eventually these two forces will come to will they not?

The best possible situation Vengeful can hope for is to somehow content with the entirety of the Skywraths in some sort of ghost civil war, yet, if it ever came to that Dragonus would undoubtedly have to serve her enemy, Vengeful's younger sister (dun dun dun!). That would be the boiling point for Dragonus -- He laments "missing the mundane signs of courtly treachery that hinted at a plot against Shendelzare." Does he truly? He knows whom the 'rightful' heir is, but, he would have to give up almost the entirety of his power to see her throned to the point that, logically speaking, he would also have to do combat with her because Shendelzare's literal 'goal' is to pretty much murder her sister. Yet, he still believes it is the correct way of thinking -- perhaps he is hoping for a change of heart in Shendelzare or her younger sister? Perhaps he is a coward, but, would be foolish to openly betray the entirety of the Skywrathi with neigh a weapon or spell at hand.

This very much strikes me as a shakespearian-esque plot, really: The 'tragic' hero tale. Dragonus and Shendelzare are both bound to this identity; Dragonus through a literal choice of: "Do you want magic or not?" whereas Shendelzare, while being put there against her will via assassins, definitely cut a deal with Scree'auk if but solely for vengeance. A soul-bounding decision made out of the anger and hatred that had enveloped her at the time. Could she not have lived as secret lovers with Dragonus? Was this a foolishness on her part, or the most sincerest acts of loyalty -- Her Goddess approved of it, did she not?

Hope it helps, my apologies if I bastardized the lore somehow. I'm surprised Dragonus doesn't try to ante his own body and become a ghost.

Banned
    Wait I thought vengeful story is related to mortred.

Basic Member
    dragonus is not split between "do you want magic or not?". his goal is as determined as it gets.
    he wants Shendelzare on the throne. he simply has to take the toll of serving the intrigious sister monarch to maintain the best chance to do so.
    that's why he is split, because he is a person who is not capable of lying. he has to act against his natural self to help shendelzare while at the same time being tormented by seeing her suffer.

shendelzare herself has layed off her crippled self and reincarnated as a vengeful spirit. she only lives for vengenance now. blinded by her vengence, she doesnt see the noble motives dragonus still has and condemns him as a servant/associate of her betrayers. afterall she doesnt know that he didnt see the plot brewing up and his attempts of talking to her during battle remain unheard (maybe venge gets additional voice lines someday and this gets more fleshed out).
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Okay, the way I see Dragonus' part in this is that he's just kind of bound to serve. Racial gimmicks and stuff. Would start a rebellion, but seems to have a Queen Bitch of the Ghastly Eyrie as his high commander and whatever he does will not slip unnoticed, so through day he's her right hand and through night he's weeping and soaking the pillows, thinking of Shendel. Kind of a pussy in a "doesn't walk into a poison axe fiery corrosive viking ninja death zombie factory that explodes in 3 seconds" way. Guess this battle is his time off. Tries to do what he can, can't do a whole lot.

And please oh please let's never bring up DotA 1's lore again, even if that was obviously a joke.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

@Blash -- I see. Still, she isn't entirely wrong to cast Dragonus aside as just another soldier in the ranks. I mean, that is what he is, Right? I admit the whole "her giving up her sanity/body" to become a vengeful spirit would definitely cloud her perception or sense of judgment -- A decree she accepted and bargained for solely to get revenge. 1337_n00b jokes about him being a coward despite the fact that it is only common sense to not rebel, but, from what I gather these skywrathi would pretty much give 0 shits. The rightful heir herself pretty much said: "Fuck this insult, Skree'auk give me the best damned powers you got!" Did I mention he screwed up? He could have prevented it all if he simply spoke out when it mattered most.

"Obsessed with matters aetherial, he missed the mundane signs of courtly treachery that hinted at a plot against Shendelzare, and lost his chance to foil it." -- Clearly, he spent more time with his tomes and arcana than his GF. God! Now she's a ghost, good going.

I'm not trying to downplay Dragonus' role in it all, I really need to check out his VA lines to get a better idea of who his character is, asides what is given at face value. I'm surprised Dragonus got away from the whole ordeal with his life, to be honest. I mean, princess vs princess featuring royal assassins. Shendy got away, but, that sort of makes me think her younger sister would be even more likely to off Dragonus. I guess they were lovers in secret or something.

There's not much I can add at this point, but I can say that Dragonus and Shendelzare weren't lovers. Dragonus just sat in the shadows twiddling his thumbs and being all "oh gosh i hope shend-kuun likes me ////////^^////////".

Though as a random thing, months ago it was sort of unofficially revealed that it was Bounty Hunter who was the one contracted to cut Venegful's wings off. I can't seem to find where the hell it said that, but I know it was stated SOMEWHERE.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadFanFictions View Post
    Dragonus and Shendelzare weren't lovers.
    he was a friend and companion to the eldest Skywrath princess
    companion is kind of a fancy word for "lover" in that context (high borns & birds) if you ask me.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage