Thread: [Confirmed] Hookshot can be stopped

Volunteer Moderator

[Confirmed] Hookshot can be stopped

Summary:

Hookshot should be some immovable and irrepressible force! It never stops and it's coming for you once it latches... In its current state in Dota 2 it's cancelled by Chronosphere, Black Hole (Hell, even Purge stops it...) and probably some other forced movements (NOT astral imprisonment atleast)

Repro:

1) Pick void, level to 25, skill chronosphere... Get a clock and try level to 25, skilling hookshot.
    2) Try to hookshot void through the chronosphere

Result:

You stop when you hit the edge of the chronosphere... And therefore doesn't deal impact damage (does stun void briefly, as it stuns as an initial cast)

Expected result:

Hookshot is NEVER stopped! It always causes clock to reach his target (well it may have some weird ass interactions with skewer etc. but hey, it's an ultimate surely it should take precedence!)

Basic Member
    If you hook a Medusa which is under the effect Stone Gaze the Hook will also stop if close enough which shouldnt happen, but might be caused by the purge effect. I bet with the right timing you could also interrupt his hook by diffusal blade and other purge ability which have the fast enough casting time!

Volunteer Moderator
    You can stop it with diffusal/sd ulti... See http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=69554 (which is sort of encompassed in this thread :/ )

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Banned

Hookshot and Chronosphere

It doesn't seem consistent, one of the following three results happen depending on Rattletrap's cast range:

1. Either gets blocked at the exact edge of Chronosphere

2. Or gets blocked in the middle, or near middle near edge.

3. Or gets moved all the way to his target.

Banned
    I just tested again and I got the same results, the initial stun will happen and do damage will be applied, like Wyn said. But Clockwerk won't always stop at the edge, I think it's caused by Chronosphere's checking intervals