Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game start sound is frightening

Quote Originally Posted by Verumae View Post
    there is no justification for how loud that sound is
    you shouldn't punish the many (the 9/10 people that accept and the 1/10 that doesn't) because of the one guy who is inept
    I have two monitors, loud headphones, and sensitive ears
    the noise serves no purpose for me (and everyone like me) other than to be an annoyance, completely block out every other sound (from both the real world and the computer) for several seconds, and cause a great deal of physical pain
    therefore, I mute dota -- not through the game, but through windows, because that's the only way to stop the sound
    and if I ever miss the queue
    oh well
    there is nothing unreasonable about wanting to avoid that sound

it would be better for everyone if they just allowed its volume to be controlled
    you do realise you are the exact kind of people the loud sound is meant to prevent right? 9 other guys just wasted 10 minutes of their lives queuing and you go "oh well, I missed the queue" because you can't be bothered to pay attention to your game screen or just leave the notification sound on while you are tabbed out

Basic Member
    dun dun dun dun dun dun DUUUUUUN DUN!!!!!

Basic Member
    You can go to \Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\sound\ui\stingers and either rename/delete out_of_game_match_ready.wav so the default Windows beep sound will be played instead, or replace the file with one of your own.

I was really annoyed by that extremely loud sound and the Windows beep sound is much, much, MUCH better!
    Last edited by UHASCANSUR; 05-15-2013 at 06:04 AM.

If you think it's loud... It was TWICE as loud late 2011 when I got this game.
    It's fine now. It's still frightening after hearing it thousands of times but hey whatever.

Basic Member
    It startles me constantly and I've played about 30 matches over the course of 3 days so far. It's really bad when you're sitting in the damn queue for over 15 minutes and completely forgot about the game even running.

Even worse is when I have my volume loud to combat my air conditioner and it's shut off for a while.. I react with a ton of loud swearing.

Something needs to be done about the sound. Whether that's adding a buildup or lowering the volume a bit, it needs to happen, preferably ASAP. Lowering or muting our volume isn't a solution to the problem, it's a workaround that shouldn't need to be done.

Basic Member
    Getting sick and tired of that damn sound aswell, why does it have to be so damn loud? I have tinnitus and therefore damn sensitive ears, hurts like hell when that shit slams in my headphones. Seriously remove it or give people alternate ways of being notified geez.

And yes I also jump like crazy, not because im not ready for the sound but the damn volume of it.

Basic Member
    No fix so far, c'mon valve just do it.

Banned
    What about Thundergod's Wrath? Does that scare you too?

Quote Originally Posted by whaleye View Post
    No fix so far, c'mon valve just do it.
    the fix was posted 5 posts above yours

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UHASCANSUR View Post
    You can go to \Steam\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\sound\ui\stingers and either rename/delete out_of_game_match_ready.wav so the default Windows beep sound will be played instead, or replace the file with one of your own.

I was really annoyed by that extremely loud sound and the Windows beep sound is much, much, MUCH better!
    Bump, someone try this?