Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Update Notes - March 20, 2013

Basic Member
    Dammit, i was gonna do a countdown on incoming flames but im 35 pages too late.
    Good patch valve, hope you have something great for us in easter

It is funny how most of the kids here say that the game is dead and they are going to play LoL but everyday, Dota2 has more players playing. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stenliii View Post
    It is funny how most of the kids here say that the game is dead and they are going to play LoL but everyday, Dota2 has more players playing. Interesting.
    This is the reason:
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Basic Member
    <3 patch, hope for a hero next week! gj ice and valve

Basic Member
    What's with the little 15mb patch that just came out? Anyone else got that?
    Screen: http://screencloud.net/v/FBgu
    nvm, saw the thread
    Last edited by Mitko1239; 03-21-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stenliii View Post
    Dota 2 has more players playing? Are you SURE about that?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    BOTS

- Bots that have been hit by multiple stacks of Sticky Napalm will now contemplate their misfortune further back in the lane.

^THIS

I like playing against BOTS to try out builds or to train last hitting/skillshots. Even though I've been playing DotA 1 since back in the days when brood had True sight in her webs.

I am much obliged to the people working on this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viandante View Post
    I know they are all in DotA as we speak, but I don't think they can just import the scripts and models and it's all good.
    They don't have to invent new heroes and that's true. I'm waiting for the remaining heroes to be released as well, and I can't wait to get my hands on Abaddon and TC again. But I prefer to wait and have most of their bugs ironed out, nice creative work (as they can't use Arthas and Frostmourne's models, for example), and everything in the right place.

They are taking a long time and I am one of those waiting for patch day to see if I get to see how they managed to "import" another hero, just to be a bit sad when I see only bugfixes, and so few of them.
    But I don't know why would I be mad or how that would prevent me from having fun while playing. That's what I was ranting about.

All the "no new heroes in a long time" part was for those that think that Dota 2 should deliver new content in form of frequent heroes to keep the attention alive.

Like that "You have to push out new heroes to keep people interested" post I read somewhere between the insults. Fuck that shit, I play Dota 2 because it lets me play the game I played the most with a great graphic engine and so many new features I get an erection everytime I think about it.
    How many times, in WC3 times, a game was destroyed by someone disconnecting? If we crash we can reconnect now.
    Matchmaking wasn't there. I couldn't invite friends easily and I couldn't find people to play with if not with third party programs (or just sit in a room hoping those in my team weren't assholes).
    How many times have you found yourself shouting to a friend "DOTA -AP NO NOOBS #137" over and over hoping he could get the game name right in time?
    I shiver in fear thinking about all those "LOL SUCKERS!" disconnects before countdown was over.
    Unit control sucked. You had to edit manually the keybinds if you wanted to have comfier key positioning.
    You don't like to type while playing? Voice support. I actually had good games where I got to coordinate with my allies. Not so many, but hey, better than none.
    Stats analysis for tournaments.
    A decent spectator mode.

And those are just the few that I thought about in a minute.
    Dota 2 improved the DotA experience a lot, and for free.
    "No heroes? Damn, I really wanted to see another one. Oh well fuck it, let's have fun with the other bajillion of heroes we have."

That's why I did that at the end, so people would read what I wrote first :3
    quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by MajinCilos View Post
    Dota 2 has more players playing? Are you SURE about that?
    He meant as the days go by Dota 2 aquires more and more players. Look at their daily peak stats on steampowered.