Thread: "execing x.cfg" console line (developer 1) after todays update 3/22

Basic Member

"execing x.cfg" console line (developer 1) after todays update 3/22

del
    Last edited by Alertme; 06-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Sorry~ English is not my native language as you know, BUT you can still easily understand what I mean correctly because English is your native language.
    So If someone have no word to refute what I said, he may just attack my grammar or vocabulary.... to shift the focus....

Basic Member
    dev mode displays echoes. Do you have a line in your autoexec that says something like...

"echo execing x.cfg"

If so, just remove that line. An echo command in a config outputs whatever text you put after it.

Most people use echoes to remind themselves that their custom config is active so when they use their exec bind they get

Awesome Binds Active!! or whatever, because their autoexec includes the lines like...

bind F7 "exec x.cfg" (in autoexec)

echo Awesome Binds Active!! (in x.cfg)
    Last edited by deejaybos; 03-22-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Basic Member
    well, i know there's a way to filter text in the console, you could possibly add these lines to an autoexec.cfg and customize what text you want displayed/not displayed.

con_filter_enable 0 Filters console output based on the setting of con_filter_text. (1 filters completely, 2 displays filtered text brighter than ot
    con_filter_text 0 Text with which to filter console spew. Set con_filter_enable 1 or 2 to activate.
    con_filter_text_out 0 Text with which to filter OUT of console spew. Set con_filter_enable 1 or 2 to activate.

I'm not exactly sure how to utilize those commands...

You could also just turn dev mode off. Do you have it on for any particular reason? If you're not debugging/testing, I don't know why you would need/want it on anyway.

Basic Member
    dev mode will dump echos to the screen while, dev mode OFF will just dump echoes into the console. So, if you really need your echoes displayed for your volume toggle, spec mode config load, etc. then sure, you'll need the filter. Otherwise, I'd suggest turning off dev mode and just checking the console for any toggle confirms.