Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Implement -aa -ha -st chat commands

[Suggestion] Implement -aa -ha -st chat commands

WTF Valve. WTF.
    For all this time, I had this feel in me, that something was missing in this game, similar to how you feel when the spaghetti you are eating lacks the sauce...
    Something about Mirana and Pudge and some others...

-aa (-arrowaccuracy)
    -ha (-hookaccuracy)
    -st (-stats)

Damn, shame...
    These commands allowed the Mirana player to check his/her arrow hit rate, and Pudge player to check his/her hook hit rate.
    Hit rate was being calculated through dividing the times that your arrow/hook has hit to an enemy hero by the times you have thrown them.

Playing Mirana and Pudge was more than just playing DotA against some players on the internet...
    Playing Mirana and Pudge was playing the game against yourself.

It was a challange, a challange between you and yourself. Your aim was to be the Vassili Zaitsev of DotA.
    We used to think twice before we throw an arrow/hook at fountain as the game started, because we knew it would decrease our accuracy.
    We used to pay more attention to make our arrows/hooks hit on every stage of the game, because mana was not our only concern, we knew it would count if it didn't hit.

+ Hey Mirana! Check the Roshan with arrow pls.
    ~ Are you kidding me? I am on 100% accuracy. No fucking way.

We do not necessarily have to get them as chat commands.
    Make a HUD announcement for Mirana/Pudge players on some corner/side of the screen, which will show successfulHits/totalThrows ratio and also maybe an additional "consequtive successful/failure hits" display.
    HUD announcement might be distracting, so chat command should be all good. A chat command to show HUD announcement.

-stats used to show:
    - Intelligence Stolen for the Silencer, we already have that on the buff icon
    - Ogre Magi's Multicast distribution, we need that one
    - Flesh Heap count? (maybe some other command, I think it was -fs or something...) anyway we have it too
    and maybe some other things that I don't know...

For more from these series, check these: [Suggestion] Implement -rickroll chat command or [Suggestion] Implement -roll chat command
    - ThoAppelsin

Yes. A million times yes.

+1 for this, also -apm.

Banned
    There will be strange modifiers for this, don't worry.
    I hope there will be an "intelligence devoured" multiplier sometime <3

I think the accuracy value - and I believe that's also Valve's reasoning behind hiding it - is not a good thing for this game. Having a good accuracy does not really relate to playing good. Obviously, when you throw more hooks, you have a higher chance of hooking someone, so it is often the better strat just to be safe and cast a hook or an arrow instead of worrying about the accuracy and then dying to a gank.
    Last edited by Typhox; 08-12-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Basic Member
    Valve, add this! I've been waiting for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    There will be strange modifiers for this, don't worry.
    I hope there will be an "intelligence devoured" multiplier sometime <3

I think the accuracy value - and I believe that's also Valve's reasoning behind hiding it - is not a good thing for this game. Having a good accuracy does not really relate to playing good. Obviously, when you throw more hooks, you have a higher chance of hooking someone, so it is often the better strat just to be safe and cast a hook or an arrow instead of worrying about the accuracy and then dying to a gank.
    yeah they probably wont add it for that reason although i would like to see it back i dont mind it not being back either.

Basic Member
    I don't know why they don't add them they are just one calculation that is shown when you type a command.
    Also add -apm

Isn't this grade school math?
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

Well I also want to see my successful creep last hit over attempts ratio and a kinda live gpm+xpm meter
    Especially in last hit trainer mode (if that even exists)

Disclaimer: I'm not an native English speaker

this seems bad for the same reason achievements are bad