Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] CONCEDE voting system

Banned
    t-up

I completely agree with OP's suggestion.

It is something which already existed on Dota1.

Yes, newfags will be jealous, but 90% of Dota1 players are playing on Bot Hostings System.

Theses Bots were allowing a team to forfeit if they ALL 5 TYPE -FF

This is quite the same leave system in dota2, if the 5 players leave the game, the game is over

But it would be much better to get a GG Button or something like that !

personally I'd like a concede option for pubs.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    I somewhat don't like it because HoN had this and when I was new, I really didn't want to concede because I was still learning the damn game, but then my whole team would all cuss me out and rage and threaten reports and such. Sorry, but I'm trying to learn this hero and these items and figure out the game mechanics. Tough.

Plus, there are A LOT of people who get frustrated and call gg way too early when they still have a chance. This system will just create more tension and anger and poor sport juvenile behavior.

There should be some minimum criteria at the very least, just to prevent a team who could EASILY end the game right away from stalling b/c they want to wait and buy up one more omgwtfbbq pwner item first or because they want to spend 15 minutes fountain killing.

In fact, they can't flame because you are not FFing, because otherwise they would have simply to quit the game, but indeed it wouldn't be everytime the case.

Basic Member
    It's a yes for me. No hate please: we are all entitled to our oppinion on this matter.

I don't think it's a productive or useful option at all.
    Here's what it does in LoL: it makes people incredibly pessimistic because they know they have the option to leave and just start a different game.
    But what not having it does is makes it so that people actually have to play the game. Not everything is sunshine and butterflies in the real world and losing is just as big a part of the game as winning. Actually destroying the throne and winning the game is something that conceding destroys and it cheapens wins to me and to a lot of people. And throwing is just as big a part of the game as winning and losing is. Especially in Dota where the difference between having the parts of an item like BKB or Linken's or Heart or Hex and having the item itself is MASSIVE and can completely turn the game around. The game is constructed around comebacks and a team taking advantage of its timing opportunities and if a team has the ability to utilize that but is too pessimistic to do so, it's a problem. Concede makes the game incredibly prone to a team thinking the game is over at 25 minutes when they can win in 50. And what's more awesome, staging a massive comeback involving two rapiers and a sheepstick or surrendering at 20 minutes in against Riki Slark Pudge Bloodseeker and Venomancer when your team is Tinker AM Shadow Demon Dark Seer and Sand King that can very easily win the game against a shitty pub lineup like that if they can delay enough. And they can, that's the thing about Dota. If you're not completely retarded, you can win if you have the better lineup and if your opponents make mistakes.

Cuddles is totally right. Used to see unbelievable comebacks in dota 2, you would never see in HoN or somewhere else.
    Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

Basic Member
    Please never implement this.

Basic Member
    no, surrender was a horrible feature in LoL. DotA is a serious game that can flip every moment.