Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] CONCEDE voting system

Don't need a quit button in dota. Go lrn2play if you are so bad@dota.

these fucking retards, "o nooonnonon im so agaisnt this two three people think game is over but really its not"... you fucking idiot, when a single person says its over, he starts doing retarded shit like feeding himself or the courior. No point continuing the game anyway. The times I have actually won after 3 people said gg is maybe once in 2000 games. Just stop wasting our fucking time and give us surrender/concede.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by `zeLL View Post
    it would be great if the system here in dota 2 is to have a concede voting of defeat of a certain team. or we can be creative and rename it as GG button. which means the team admits its defeat and activates the safe to leave.

I would like to hear ur opinions about this
    you want our opinions? use the search function to find the 9001 other threads about this

Basic Member
    Strongly against it.

Basic Member
    I'm against since if you want to concede or leave the game you can at any point in time cause if anything people keep saying LPQ isn't a strict punishment blah blah blah so if it isn't then leave and go there.

Onestly i prefer a "kick" button instead of a surrender one

do you have a Ru riki 0/10/0 in ten minutes? kick him and cya

Basic Member
    Urk, I can't believe this. Why is everyone so against forfeiting?? It makes no sense not to have it... It won't ruin games at all. Trust me, I'd played on dota-league for years and still play on dotalicious all the time, both of these had/have forfeit. I can tell you from personal experience forfeit does not ruin games. Stupid players in Dota2 refusing to play is just as common as it is in a DotA platform with forfeit, if not more so.

Case 1, forfeit: Omg guys forfeit, this is lost, you're too bad to win this. I'll go fountain camp untill you forfeit.

Case 2, no forfeit: Omg guys this is lost, you're too bad to win this. I'll go fountain camp, stop defending noobs. Hey enemy team, end pls, I won't def.
    (sound familiar?)

There are only arbitrary reasons not to have ff and heaps of good reasons to have it.
    Not to mention refusing to play is a bannable offense and will be punished no matter what their dumb reason is.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieCats View Post
    Onestly i prefer a "kick" button instead of a surrender one

do you have a Ru riki 0/10/0 in ten minutes? kick him and cya
    Now this is a bad idea, not forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    these fucking retards, "o nooonnonon im so agaisnt this two three people think game is over but really its not"... you fucking idiot, when a single person says its over, he starts doing retarded shit like feeding himself or the courior. No point continuing the game anyway. The times I have actually won after 3 people said gg is maybe once in 2000 games. Just stop wasting our fucking time and give us surrender/concede.
    Actually I've had comebacks fairly often even though 4/5 had ffed. Those players still kept playing, even though we had ff, because they're either not jerks or refusing to play is a bannable offense.
    On the other hand, I've lost winnable Dota2 games because my allies refused to play even though there was no ff. An ff option won't change human nature.

Dota2 is just a little fetus compared to all those DotA platforms (Dota2 isn't even born yet) that have been around for years. DotA players have been playing with forfeit for years and years, and it works great.
    Last edited by Flametoad; 04-17-2013 at 02:08 AM.

no
    this is a good idea

want to make dota like that shit game called "league of legends" ?
    introduce surrender

want to improve qualiti of game? introduce kick option so if there is a troll in youre team you dont have to lost 30 minutes or more of your life or gettin a leave/afk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieCats View Post
    no
    this is a good idea

want to make dota like that shit game called "league of legends" ?
    introduce surrender

want to improve qualiti of game? introduce kick option so if there is a troll in youre team you dont have to lost 30 minutes or more of your life or gettin a leave/afk
    How the....? How can someone be against forfeit, but FOR KICKING?? what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiman View Post
    I somewhat don't like it because HoN had this and when I was new, I really didn't want to concede because I was still learning the damn game, but then my whole team would all cuss me out and rage and threaten reports and such. Sorry, but I'm trying to learn this hero and these items and figure out the game mechanics. Tough.

Plus, there are A LOT of people who get frustrated and call gg way too early when they still have a chance. This system will just create more tension and anger and poor sport juvenile behavior.

There should be some minimum criteria at the very least, just to prevent a team who could EASILY end the game right away from stalling b/c they want to wait and buy up one more omgwtfbbq pwner item first or because they want to spend 15 minutes fountain killing.
    That's why voting was made anon