Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [SUGGESTION] CONCEDE voting system

Basic Member
    "You will have those epic comebacks even if you don't want to play anymore and we have to jam them down your throat!"

Nah the actual reason why no surrender is because the winning team should be able to have the final say in it and in this game it is less important to actually secure a win than to have fun stomping for a while.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    it SHOULD hve a ladder. It would improve matchmaking but this is another discussion.
    Yes, I'm sure a better Matchmaking system will be added. It's only still a beta after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroBr View Post
    No, when i used to play HoN it was near impossible to get a decent game because EVERY SINGLE GAME ended in 15 MINUTES the concede vote is terrible, without it the game makes you at least try to win, which actually is a very good thing, i'd say about 70% of the time you will lose, but getting those epic comebacks is such an amazing feeling that Concede would just smash down to almost a zero.
    Because HoN had a terrible system. Dota2 will have a better one.
    Last edited by Flametoad; 04-19-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Basic Member
    FF option might be ok but needs to have a 5/5 and doable only after 1 set of racks down. Otherwise it will only be something like "OMG i got killed 2 times in lane lets go FF" which will lead to flaming and 15 minutes games.

Basic Member
    This discussion has been going for as long as dota itself lol... Nevertheless i'll chip in my 2 cents. Coming from starcraft 2 i used to think that a surrender option was necessary for a game like this. However after playing hon way too much, and now dota even more i realize it's a bad thing. Not surrendering is not about epic comebacks but about forcing people to play the game instead of going in the mindset of 'this is lost, gg go next' WAY earlier than it actually is. If you've never played HoN or LoL, go do some games and see the difference for yourself.
    Having to click 'no' on the surrender option every two minutes while your idle teammates flame you for not surrendering while the game is still very much winnable is the most annoying thing ever. Hope valve never puts it in the game, and if they will, make it so you can't concede before atleast 1 set of rax is down.

Basic Member
    how about enabling the GG button once one or two racks-side are destroyed???