Thread: [Confirmed] Bounty Hunter's Shiruken Toss's ministun duration is too long

[Confirmed] Bounty Hunter's Shiruken Toss's ministun duration is too long

it is 0.1 second long
    it should be 0.01 second long

DotA is a game where milliseconds matter.
    It is 10 times longer than it should be.
    It made my 522 ms Wisp could have moved ~47 units more if it was on its proper value. Potential cause of death.

Proof that it is 0.1 second long:
    [139:05.13] Bounty Hunter hits Wisp with Shuriken Toss for 75 damage (891->816).
    [139:05.13] Wisp receives Stunned debuff from Bounty Hunter.
    [139:05.23] Wisp loses Stunned debuff.

Proof that it should be 0.01 second long:
    [A004]
    Dur1=0.01
    HeroDur1=0.01
    (same for all levels)

Needs attention.

Volunteer Moderator
    How accurate is the combat log? What happens with MKB proc? Does it show it activating on one hundredth of a second then deactivating the next?

It should be more accurate than 0.1 seconds, so you're probably correct. Someone just forgot to put that extra 0 there :P

I did not initially spot this thing through testing anyway.
    Saw it in the data files from both Dota 2 and DotA, noticed the difference, and then tested in game to be sure.

Code:
    	//=================================================================================================================
    	// Bounty Hunter: Shuriken Toss
    	//=================================================================================================================
    		// Stats
    		//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    		"AbilityModifierSupportValue"	"0.1"	// just a mini stun

Nice find, valve should fix all these duration inconsistencies between d1 and d2 fast. Ty ThoAppelsin.

Woha, I'm impressed by this report. Other reports you have been doing seemed a bit more silly, but this is truly an obscure missport that has a considerable effect on the gameplay on a very popular pub and competitive hero. Those extra 0.09 seconds can be many times the difference between being able to close the gap and hit with jinada or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalafi View Post
    Other reports you have been doing seemed a bit more silly
    I want to introduce you to my brand new Misc suggestions:
    [Suggestion] Implement -roll chat command
    [Suggestion] Implement -rickroll chat command
    [Suggestion] Implement -aa -ha -st chat commands

Reconsider your facts while defining the word "silly" :D

... and I actually was thinking that this was the silliest amongst all, and am still not sure if you are kidding or not on your post

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    I want to introduce you to my brand new Misc suggestions:
    [Suggestion] Implement -roll chat command
    [Suggestion] Implement -rickroll chat command
    [Suggestion] Implement -aa -ha -st chat commands

Reconsider your facts while defining the word "silly"

... and I actually was thinking that this was the silliest amongst all, and am still not sure if you are kidding or not on your post
    rofl, no, I'm not kiding, I really think this is a good missport that valve should fix. Not as important as bat's flying vision for instance, but important nonetheless.

By "silly" reports I meant mirana/slark being able to turn during their leaps or the bettle + mirana interaction. I've seen many other interesting reports though, this just was the most surprising. Don't take it as "I like this report the most" but "this one surprised the most that you managed to find".

Mostly because the others are coded skills that I would expect to require some checking, but this one is a flat value on a very, very popular hero, that simply went ignored because mini-stun durations are often over-sought.
    Last edited by shalafi; 03-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Basic Member
    added nevertheless.
    i bet someone will dig out a competetive match that got decided by this if i dont.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage