Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Pudge's Hook stuns the units throughout the whole pull duration

[Confirmed] Pudge's Hook stuns the units throughout the whole pull duration

It completely disables the enemy units as it pulls
    It shouldn't, it only should apply 0.01 second mini-stun as it connects, not more...

- enemies that are being pulled should be able to begin their attacks to pudge while being pulled
    - enemies that are being pulled should be able to cast stuff
    - enemies that are being pulled should be able to use active items

Especially the being able to cast spells part is important.

Basic Member
    So Drow can shadow blade during hook? Is this how Dota WC3 works as well?

Even if it was like that in WC3 i think it's wrong. I mean, the unit is BEING HOOKED, you shouldn't be able to do anything and it is actually more logical. And yet, a Drow can activate her Shadow blade right after the hook so, please don't change it, it's good as it is. If it get's changed then it will ruin Pudge's games a hell lot, not being able to hook nobody cuz you can stun him in mid air (like Venge maybe). Pudge will get useless.

Op, that's true indeed, IIRC when I was being hooked, I could telekinezis during the hook, while playing Rubick.

But as it is an old 6 months memory, it should still get confirmed.

Stenilili, unfortunately I would like that he doesn't get derf. Pudge will certainly be weaker.

I know two glitches using rubick I won't tell here in the community in order to keep using it. That's pretty hypocrit but I don't care, I assume.

But when spotted to light, one has to confirm suspicions
    Last edited by shideneyu; 03-25-2013 at 09:28 AM.

I have a feeling that fixing this will cause even more bugs and messed up interactions. Like Mirana being able to jump out while being hooked. Devs have to be careful when fixing this.
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Quote Originally Posted by stenliii View Post
    Even if it was like that in WC3 i think it's wrong. I mean, the unit is BEING HOOKED, you shouldn't be able to do anything and it is actually more logical. And yet, a Drow can activate her Shadow blade right after the hook so, please don't change it, it's good as it is. If it get's changed then it will ruin Pudge's games a hell lot, not being able to hook nobody cuz you can stun him in mid air (like Venge maybe). Pudge will get useless.
    We get it; Pudge is your favorite hero.

If Pudge is fine in Dota 1 with these restrictions why would he be worse in Dota 2?

Basic Member
    i have seen similar report before and lunatic3k post some video on this issue. but i cant find it now...

Basic Member
    added to sticky.

i always KNEW i didnt have problems against pudge with a disabler in wc3!
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittlesAreYum View Post
    We get it; Pudge is your favorite hero.

If Pudge is fine in Dota 1 with these restrictions why would he be worse in Dota 2?
    I like how he only posted in the bug reports that were beneficial to Pudge, and deliberately ignored ThoAppelsin's reports on bugs that make Pudge worse.

Obviously he only wants the bugs that make Pudge weaker to be fixed.

Basic Member
    This would certainly make Pudge a hero that should be chosen wisely instead of just a pub-stomp tank. A good Pudge can just wander around and constantly rack up kills, regardless of who, especially early game. Apparently Pudge has just been OP for a long time.