Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed]Fade Bolt sometimes bouncing and sometimes not although the range is fixed

[Confirmed]Fade Bolt sometimes bouncing and sometimes not although the range is fixed

^ I expect this one not to happen.
    I mean, the range feels/seems all ok. Also no Rubick will ever get the opportunity to have two enemies standing stationary ~467 units away from each other, so that Rubick may hit them a couple of times with the Fade Bolt, and realize that there is something wrong after 30~40 seconds of waiting for cooldowns.
    Still.

Repro:
    - Lay two svens ~647 units apart from each other
    - Cast Fade Bolt several times

Also, I have made the video without using the ent_setpos command, to make sure that it doesn't have something to do with it.
    Yes, I manually positioned them with right clicks, didn't take so long, and don't know what the exact distance between them is...

good catch

could miss a kill

Pls tell me appelsin how you find out this weird bugs?
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

It is like approaching to a cat to play with him/her. You have to be friendly, else you won't get any.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I don't really know. I just open the npc_abilities.txt of Dota 2 sometime everyday, scroll down to somewhere random, pick any spell, check its functions in DotA JASS...
    When I see something interesting to check in JASS, I go back to npc_abilities.txt
    in this case, it was the Radius: 440

it is 465 in the code, which is center to center, so I wanted to test if Dota 2 counts for collision to compensate...
    and then this happened

Basic Member
    Appelsin doing as big work as 5 basic forum members at the same time. Mods should give him some priveleges at this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyondino View Post
    Appelsin doing as big work as 5 basic forum members at the same time. Mods should give him some priveleges at this forum.
    Strongly disagree. ThoAppelsin is a great tester/bug squatter, but I wouldn't trust him to be a moderator. It requires a different mindset.

Unless privileges does not involve moderation, then that's fine with me.
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Before granting him as a moderator, just ask him if he would like to become one and just don't debate on that

Anyways good job Appelsin, I'm going to watch theses videos when I come back to home as there is a proxy server in my college >_<

Basic Member
    That is cause the range check is done in small intervals rather than live (cause it is too resource intensive), so Luna will move towards drow till a distance check with "in range" is performed, given that these distances are really close to each other it is no surprise that she moves a little more and gets in range of the aura in some cases.
    not sure if relevant, but quote from Shamanics

^ not relevant; that is for auras and that is for moving units
    surely an aura won't flash on and off if you position two heroes apart from each other for a fixed distance and leave them stationary... one with an aura and the other one not

meh
    Being admired feels a lot better than being a moderator could ever be.
    The idea of becoming a moderator does not excite me a bit, but the idea of getting hired by Valve as a tester is really exciting
    ... that would be awesome.

I want a park with cats and a bicycle

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage